• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How to study for the alternative practical physic paper 4... I'm sitting this year o level may june. Is there a list of experiments I have to study or notes. If so where can I find them..
Pls help me

Reaction score
How to study for the alternative practical physic paper 4... I'm sitting this year o level may june. Is there a list of experiments I have to study or notes. If so where can I find them..
Pls help me

Go through all the Investigations in the book.You should also be good at plotting graphs and , most importantly , use your brain. ATP is fairly easy if you use your brain. I guess if you stay calm and think straight then it's easy to score 28-30 marks.

Reaction score
Pls help me

Reaction score
What does pirated copy mean

pirated version

It's the same book , just that it will be cheaper and most probably like a photocopied one. But as you only have to study it for 2 months or so , so i don't think buying the original would be sensible.

Reaction score
pirated version

It's the same book , just that it will be cheaper and most probably like a photocopied one. But as you only have to study it for 2 months or so , so i don't think buying the original would be sensible.
Yeah true....do you think I could get an A* for physics....btw what were your results

Reaction score
Yeah true....do you think I could get an A* for physics....btw what were your results
I'm also gonna appear this may/june. And yeah i guess you could. I asked my teacher and he said that if i solved past papers of the last 10 years 3 times and checked them then i would most probably get an A*.

Reaction score
I'm also gonna appear this may/june. And yeah i guess you could. I asked my teacher and he said that if i solved past papers of the last 10 years 3 times and checked them then i would most probably get an A*.
Cool......did u start revising btw how many hours do you spend for a day for studying....And do u do add maths

Reaction score
Plz make sure to focus on questions and answers rather than advices or this will make this Thread go off topic.

Reaction score
Cool......did u start revising btw how many hours do you spend for a day for studying....And do u do add maths

Dude add maths is not here its in the other thread go there or ask multi by a PM or on his profile page :D :p
for ur question ill say 5 hrs max if u study each day its good but not just one sub for 5 hours dividing between 3 or 2 subs these 5 hrs is best as u dont go mad and bored studying same thing :p

Reaction score
AOA...
well,i really am stuck on these two mcq's.

1) In the treatment of brain cancer, a patient's head is enclosed in a helmet containing a number of radioactive sources.The radiation from each source is directed towards the cancer.which nuclide is the most suitable for these sources?
A.gamma-(half life:30 years)
B.gamma-(half life:15 years)
C.beta- (half life:29 years)
D.alpha-(half life:36 hours)

2) Radioactive nuclides can be added to paint to determine how well a paint pigment is mixed.Litre samples,in thick steel cans,are taken from different parts of the mixing tank and the level of radiation measured 30 cm from the can.
which nuclide properties would be the most suitable for this purpose?

A.beta-(half life:days)
B.beta-(half life:years)
C.gamma-(half life:days)
D.gamma-(half life:years)

JUST NEED TO KNOW THE THEORY BEHIND THIS KIND OF QUESTIONS.AND THEIR ANSWERS AS WELL! =)
AND one more thing,when an electron is going through a magnetic field.so are we going to use fleming's left hand rule in order to find the direction of its deflection?because we usually use FLHR for conventional current which is the flow of positive charges,i presume.

Reaction score
AOA...
well,i really am stuck on these two mcq's.

---> In the treatment of brain cancer, a patient's head is enclosed in a helmet containing a number of radioactive sources.The radiation from each source is directed towards the cancer.which nuclide is the most suitable for these sources?
A.gamma-(half life:30 years)
B.gamma-(half life:15 years)
C.beta- (half life:29 years)
D.alpha-(half life:36 hours)

---> Radioactive nuclides can be added to paint to determine how well a paint pigment is mixed.Litre samples,in thick steel cans,are taken from different parts of the mixing tank and the level of radiation measured 30 cm from the can.
which nuclide properties would be the most suitable for this purpose?

A.beta-(half life:days)
B.beta-(half life:years)
C.gamma-(half life:days)
D.gamma-(half life:years)

JUST NEED TO KNOW THE THEORY BEHIND THIS KIND OF QUESTIONS.AND THEIR ANSWERS AS WELL! =)
AND one more thing,when an electron is going through a magnetic field.so are we going to use fleming's left hand rule in order to find the direction of its deflection?because we usually use FLHR for conventional current which is the flow of positive charges,i presume.
First one: D because gamma ray is most penetrating and shorter half life as its harmful
Second one: C because of they can travel the most, aplha has a range of few centimeters while beta has range of 10 cm. And shorter half life as its harmful.

Reaction score
AOA...

Yeah we use FLHR for Mangetic field.