• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
May be tomorrow i will give you the notes!
Locomotion refers to the movement of an organism from place to place.Movement refers to a change in position of any part of an organism's body, but does not necessarily involve locomotion.Chewing, Breathing, the heart beat are all examples of movement in humans.
Locomotion gives the organisms the advantage of being able to seek food, escape predators, search for mates or to move to more congenial conditions.
Locomotion in most terrestrial mammals is by walking or running in which usually the four limbs move, in a diagonal pattern, i.e. right four limb and the left hind limb moving at the same time, followed by left forelimb and right hind limb. As the pace quickens, the hind leg is lifted before the diagonal forelimb reaches the ground.
Mammals' limbs are often adapted ton their way of life or the terrain over which they move, e.g. running, burrowing, climbing.
Locomotion in humans is brought by the limb muscles contracting and relaxing in an orderly manner.
plants do not show locomotion; they remain in one place for their whole life. They do make movements however, of parts of their bodies, such as the opening up of flowers, folding up of leaves at night. In some cases, the movement is brought about by changes in growth rate, in other cases it is changes in turgor of groups of cells which bring about the movement.

it's from gcse biology by D.G mackean
hope it helps, if i find more info i'll post it here

Reaction score
hello! :)
i'm in dire need of some good notes or tutorial websites on Cathode Ray Ossciloscope, diode, transistor, logic gates and capacitor...if anyone could share a link.