• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ITs called an acidic salt,because its made of a replaceable hydrogen atom still in the salt which when replaced will form the neutral salt at the moment it contains H atom from an acid plus the salt components so its an acid salt !

when did Alcohol become weak acids werent Carbooxhylic acids weak acids and not the alcohol,the OH functional group here in alcohol is called a hydroxyl grp dont mix it with the hydroxide !But im still wondering how it can still be an acid when the OH in acid and bases makes a base ! :D

I personally dont think u can get a 7 mark question with WHAT but if the case is this then explain what is the pyramid of biomass,the mass at each level what it indicates and then u could give and eg. of a written food chain and draw the labelled pyramid that should be enuf for the 7 marks !

I do think that EMF of the source or battery depends upon the resistance of the circuit as well because according to the definition of emf - emf is the external work expended per unit of charge to produce an electric potential difference across two open-circuited terminals - this tells the resistance of the circuit is also taken in account so by using v=ir
the v for emf = R (the resisitance of the source + the circuit ) * current of the circuit

sorry my mistake, i got mixed that up, alcohols are neutral.

Reaction score
I personally dont think u can get a 7 mark question with WHAT but if the case is this then explain what is the pyramid of biomass,the mass at each level what it indicates and then u could give and eg. of a written food chain and draw the labelled pyramid that should be enuf for the 7 marks !

i got this question in my bio revision test. =(

Reaction score
although they have OH they are not alkalis, they are neutral,

sry i fergot u r in O levels...i went into details...d ACTUAL PH of any typical alcohol iz around 7.3 (making it VERY SLIGHTLY basic)
altho at our level it iz considered as neutral...

so yea...u ppl r ryt altho m nt stupid enuf to write sumthin m not sure of...dey r basic, bt dis property of deirs iz barely taken into account...

Reaction score
guys how is your prepartion in these subjects? can you u do past papers without consulting the book and score good marks? just curious as how other people are going :)

Reaction score
guys how is your prepartion in these subjects? can you u do past papers without consulting the book and score good marks? just curious as how other people are going :)
Question papers contain items that are syllabus based . The syllabus has objectives of the subject areas. Studying for success requires you to master the objectives of the subject matter,therefore, books are a must because they contain the content.

Reaction score
is it true that emf does not depend upon the resisitivity of the conductor... please give answer with reference to v=ir

Well i forgot to mention this yesterday that i will confirm this answer but i diddnt so what i found out was that the emf of a cell if taken in account with external circuit will reduce as we know why,so for finding out emf the force given out by battery is not calculated with the external circuit if external resisitance is added then u will get the voltage in the circuit rather than the emf of cell !

Reaction score
What is a particle?
What is a matter?
I have a suggestion for the meaning of matter but i am not sure!

Reaction score
What is diffusion in chemistry's term?
Diffusion:The movement of molecules from the region of higher concentration to the region of lower concentration down the concentration gradient.
OR
Movement of a fluid from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration. Diffusion is a result of the kinetic properties of particles of matter. The particles will mix until they are evenly distributed.

Reaction score
can anyone please provide me biology locomotion notes i dont have this topic in my book so please give me some notes