• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Are you sure it's there in the syllabus? I mean my teacher told me that this diode thing is no more in the syllabus. I had no idea what 'rectification' meant. Thanks, btw.
It is there in the syllabus. This is from the 2014 5054 physics syllabusIMG_20140330_141919.jpg

Its not like thermonuclear astrophysics, its a simple concept. You just have to know what a diode is, what it does, how to include it in a circuit diagram and about rectifying AC currents

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to do Q32 in the 2009 ON Chemistry paper 1?
Its about concentration of H+ ions in H2SO4

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to do Q32 in the 2009 ON Chemistry paper 1?
Its about concentration of H+ ions in H2SO4
Okay first you need to calculate the molarity in g/dm^3. For this apply the formula g/dm^3= mol/dm^3 into mass of 1 mole of solute.
0.05*98= 4.9 g/dm^3
If 98g gives 4.9 g/dm^3 then 2 g (mass of hydrogen in acid) gives x g/dm^3
This gives you the answer 0.10 g/dm^3.

Reaction score
It is a part of CRO. CRO includes electron gun, deflection tube and a fluorescent screen.

Actually, there is a difference between the deflection tube and CRO.
The deflection tube consists of the gun but has only the Y plates which cause vertical movement of the beam.
Its used to study properties of a beam of electrons.
But, the CRO is more complex.
Google both the deflection tube and CRO and compare the images. You'll see the difference

Reaction score
Actually, there is a difference between the deflection tube and CRO.
The deflection tube consists of the gun but has only the Y plates which cause vertical movement of the beam.
Its used to study properties of a beam of electrons.
But, the CRO is more complex.
Google both the deflection tube and CRO and compare the images. You'll see the difference
Cool