• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
its kinda maths Q :LOL: it says half were sown in one condition and half in other.
so 320 + 110 must be approximately equal to 405 + ?
and thus if we add any other no. to 405 its gonna be much much larger than 405 :p :D:ROFLMAO:

but seriously i cant think of any other solution to it -.-
I even solved it this way but the question remains, where on earth did the missing seeds go? :eek:

Reaction score
Could someone explain continuous and discontinuous variation in detail
***amd***

View attachment 37865
Discontinuous variation is any trait that depends on a single or few pairs of genes, also called monohybrid inheritance. This is not affected by environmental factors, for example if a person's blood group is A, it won't be changed because he's living in an extremely cold or hot climate. Also in discontinuous variation there are no intermediates infact there are fixed phenotypes for example sex, a person is either male or a female.
Continuous variation is opposite to this. It is affected by multiple pair of genes. An example is height, there is no fixed height as in a person cannot only be short or tall infact there are many intermediates to this. he can be very tall or very short etc. And it is also influenced by environmental factors for example a person might not be able to gain weight because of malnutrition.

Reaction score
Discontinuous variation is any trait that depends on a single or few pairs of genes, also called monohybrid inheritance. This is not affected by environmental factors, for example if a person's blood group is A, it won't be changed because he's living in an extremely cold or hot climate. Also in discontinuous variation there are no intermediates infact there are fixed phenotypes for example sex, a person is either male or a female.
Continuous variation is opposite to this. It is affected by multiple pair of genes. An example is height, there is no fixed height as in a person cannot only be short or tall infact there are many intermediates to this. he can be very tall or very short etc. And it is also influenced by environmental factors for example a person might not be able to gain weight because of malnutrition.
discont. : only 2 genes involved, cont. : more than 2 genes involved
Thanks for the explanation

Reaction score
Ans is A
Since hydrogen has a lower Mr than air, at first it diffuses into the closed air chamber which increases the pressure inside it making the water level fall. But as time passes hydrogen will diffuse out of the porous pot down a concentration gradient. Therefore the level of wall will return to its original level at X.
Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Ans is A
Since hydrogen has a lower Mr than air, at first it diffuses into the closed air chamber which increases the pressure inside it making the water level fall. But as time passes hydrogen will diffuse out of the porous pot down a concentration gradient. Therefore the level of wall will return to its original level at X.
Hope this helps!

Oh this question has already been answered. Didnt see the next page. My bad....

Reaction score
So how much have you people prepared?

Barely a month left in exams. .-.
Well i did all the papers beforehand so now i guess i'll do them again for revision,but i'm bored so i play fifa all the time :p
Mocks result is in and it was fine so i just have to revise and do the papers again now,in April.

Reaction score
Ans is A
Hope this helps!
What if we had CO2 instead of the H2, would the CO2 also diffuse back?

Reaction score
Well i did all the papers beforehand so now i guess i'll do them again for revision,but i'm bored so i play fifa all the time :p
Mocks result is in and it was fine so i just have to revise and do the papers again now,in April.

Woah. How many years did you do? And all variants? :p