• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
wats physics atp syllabus?
there is no set sylabus for atp but u can just practice past papers, revise your formulae and i have attactched these notes if they can help.... :) also search this thread i think i saw Important questions for physics ATP here .... iam not sure if it was in this thread or some other one..... but u can search fr them... they are by sir imrann mirza and really have gud atp questions... but don't forget to practise past papers if u are going for your MOCK bcuz they are mostly from past papers... Best ov Luk! :)

Attachments

• PHYSICS__alternative to practical.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
are measures to make a thermometer more sensitive and responsive in the physics syllabus? if so, then can someone please tell me how?

Reaction score
what are the methods of detecting alpha beta and gamma ? Describe with the aid of a block diagram one type of fission reaction for use in power stations ! discuss the way in which the type of radiation emitted and the half life determine the use for the material ! discuss the theories of star formation ! HELP MEE !!!!

Reaction score
they cause ozone smog around our cities. Ozone smog is bad for our lungs and irritates our eyes.

Nitrogen oxides form easily nitric acid. With the rain it is washed out from the air and comes down (together with sulphuric acid) as acid rain. Acid rain destroys the stones of our buildings, in particular chalk stones and marble and it increases the problems of corrosion of iron and steel.
It is harmful for our forests, because it mobilises toxic chemicals in the soil which damage the trees. And it makes the lakes acid. The animals living in them can die.

Nitrate formed from nitrogen oxides, not only from cars but also from fertilizers used by farmers, can be a
problem for the life in our lakes and the coastal regions of the oceans. It causes over-fertilization. Plants like algae grow quickly and in large amounts, they die after the end of their life cycle and the bacteria eating them use up too much oxygen from the water. This causes the death of fishes and other animals in the water. We call this phenomenon eutrophication.[/COL
This helped a lot thanks

Reaction score
Describe the plotting of magnetics field lines with compasses
State the difference between magnetic, non magnetic and magnetized material
State the properties of magnets
Describe induced magnetism
Explain the choice of material for, and use of,magnetic screening
Describe the uses of permanent magnets and electromagnet

Reaction score
All hydroxides are insoluble except those of alkali (group 1) metals and ammonia. Also Barium hydroxide and Calcium hydroxide are also soluble.
calcium hydroxide soluble??? :O doesnt calcium ions form insoluble precipitates when in excess of NaOH?

Reaction score
Oh sorry! My bad. It says here in my notes that , Ba(OH)2 and Ca(OH)2 are only slightly soluble.
okie thanks. but aluminium hyroxide is also soluble.. remember? colourless solution in excess of NaOH??
sorry for bothering...
*confused*

Reaction score
Solubility of Carbonates, Sulphates and Nitrates required. Is there any way to perfect oneself in Organic Chemistry?

Reaction score
Solubility of Carbonates, Sulphates and Nitrates required. Is there any way to perfect oneself in Organic Chemistry?
all carbonates are insoluble execpt potassium, sodium and ammonium carbonates. all sulfates are soluble except calcium, barium and lead. all nitrates are soluble.
try practicing structural formulas of all the organic. the alkanes, alkenes, alcohols, esters, carbonic acids and especially the macro molecules.