• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can somebody just give the points that should be included in the answer to this :
Q Describe the part played by decomposers in a food chain
Q describe how organisms in a food chain form what is known as pyramid of biomass.
Decomposers- fungi, bacteria- saprophytes- help to reduce the amount of organi matter that would otherwise be collected as heaps of waste. They carry out extracellular digestion, release enzymes onto substratum then absorb products, add names.
Organisms themselves form the biomass, they contain eneregy that is passed on from one to other. At each trophic level there are energy losses. Each organism takes energy from another organism and then utilises it for functions and pass it on, hence the shape of pyramid indicating loss of energy at each level.

Reaction score
I don't know how to explain. See a person is standing straight. If you remove a layer from the front of his chest, all the structures will be revealed like lungs and the inner parts.
yep i got tht....but y r we increasing the thorax from above....shouldnt it be towards us if the person is standing infront of us.........

Reaction score
With all other options, you will get a salt and water.
But with option C, you will also get HNO3, which is nitric acid.
It might be difficult to extract Magnesium sulfate from there...

Even i am confused about this question. Can someone explain? :3
To get soluble salt you need to heat the solution to saturation point.
If you boil HNO3 you would die or faint. See effects of breathing in HCL.
I think the same effects would be experienced for Nitric Acid.

Reaction score
To get soluble salt you need to heat the solution to saturation point.
If you boil HNO3 you would die or faint. See effects of breathing in HCL.
I think the same effects would be experienced for Nitric Acid.

So are you saying that if we heat a solution of HNO3 we will die? o_O

But why does its presence not allow us to collect MgSO4?

Why are the other options right?