• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 42426 View attachment 42427

can anybody explain these questions fully :(
after a few minutes the weight of the leg increases ... this is because the leg muscles are at rest and are doing no work so the blood coming from the arteries does not flows back at the same rate through the veins (which push the blood at lower pressure-upwards) ... and i think this excessive bllood in the muscles causes his weight in the lower part to increase and the chair moves down ...

Reaction score
the blood is pushed in spurts in the arteries of the leg muscles ( in pulses) hence this creates pressure on the rested muscles causing them to contract so the foot moves every time a pulse is created ..and hence counting the number of times the foot moves in 60 seconds the pulse rate can be found.....
so whenever pressure is created on the muscles they contract?

Reaction score
after a few minutes the weight of the leg increases ... this is because the leg muscles are at rest and are doing no work so the blood coming from the arteries does not flows back at the same rate through the veins (which push the blood at lower pressure-upwards) ... and i think this excessive bllood in the muscles causes his weight in the lower part to increase and the chair moves down ...
im really worried for sec B & C :cry:
but blood in veins already have lower pressure right ?:(

Reaction score
guys can anyone tell me about the following:
-renal vein
-renal artery
-hepatic vein
-hepatic artery
-hepatic portal vein
thanx!! :)
i can try,
The renal vein are veins that drain the kidney. They connect the kidney to the inferior vena cava. They carry the blood purified by the kidney, carries de-oxygenated blood
renal artery is an artery originating from the abdominal aorta and supplying the kidneys with unpurified blood.carries oxygenated blood
The hepatic artery is a blood vessel that carries blood to the liver.
the hepatic vein carries deoxygenated blood away from liver.
hepatic portal vein connects small intestine to the liver which transports sugars and amino acids to liver for further process.
:LOL:

Reaction score
Help wid Q 37 nd 38 . Both answers are CView attachment 42446
dunno about Q37, but Q38...
see, we just make all possible genotypes and their phenotypes.

genotype...............................................phenotype
...EF..........................................................EF........
...EG...........................................................E.........
...EE............................................................E........
...FF............................................................F.........
...FG...........................................................F.........
...GG...........................................................G.......

possible genotypes = 6
possible phenotypes = 4

Reaction score
gview
PROBLEM HERE I THOUGHT ANSWER WAS D BUT ITS C. WHAT DO U PPL THINK. AM I CONFUSED IN STRUCTURES.