• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
My only contribution.The question said AVOID so it hints that it had some quality that would dehydrate us quickly and thus it should be AVOIDED.If it was just a matter of water content we wouldnt have to AVOID it,we could drink all 3,but AVOID shows that it had a detrimental effect.

Peace out :giggle:
funky's logic makes sense yours doesnt :p
The whole point you are missing is the same HOMEOSTASIS you are quoting
with A the body loses 1.3 dm3 to become normal, with C 0.75 dm3
body has some sense I am afraid :p
in hot temperature the total water loss will still be equal to 1.3 and 0.75 respectively
this includes both the SWEATING + URINE
the urine volume will NOT remain same
with A the total is high so its better, with C the total is low so its worse
^
somepeople who had done A understood what I meant when they heard this, can you? :p

And I cant help you anymore, normal drinks can NOT MAKE more urine, alcohols can as they affect kidneys and hence dehydrate person <= this is the only possibility for A

Reaction score
Although I really don't want to start the drink-debate again, for those who say C is the answer; C produces less urine, right. If you go out in the hot day, you will of course sweat, your body does not make you pee anywhere everywhere to get rid of heat :D.
Since they wrote VERY HOT DAY, you will sweat alot. There is something known as homeostasis :p. If you will remove less heat from your urine, then you will sweat more to remove that heat. So you are still controlling the body temp; which is good. You are also losing water from both urine and sweat

Now lets talk about A;
A caused more urine to form. In this hot day, you will of course sweat. Less heat is removed from the urine as compared to sweat. So you will sweat more to get rid of heat. So basically as compared to C, you are passing more urine, and also sweating. Both of them remove water.
Thus you will lose more water, as compared to C, and get dehydrated.

NOTE: please do pay attention to the reference of heat and water distinctly
yar seriously, yu jidher bhi jaye, as a brother, meri bad duayen teray sath hen.
as C causes less urine, that means it has less water content. and someone does NOT feels like peeing unless there is a pressure on their splinctor muscles by urinary bladder when it is filled with urine. more urine, more pressure on splinctor muscles. more water, more urine.
C causes less urine, we can predict it has less water content and more other salts and blah blah. so, to prevent dehydration, we should avoid drinks with less water content.
thats what i wrote, perhaps.

and i am saying again and again, there can be more than one possible answers to a single Q

Reaction score
yar seriously, yu jidher bhi jaye, as a brother, meri bad duayen teray sath hen.
as C causes less urine, that means it has less water content. and someone does NOT feels like peeing unless there is a pressure on their splinctor muscles by urinary bladder when it is filled with urine. more urine, more pressure on splinctor muscles. more water, more urine.
C causes less urine, we can predict it has less water content and more other salts and blah blah. so, to prevent dehydration, we should avoid drinks with less water content.
thats what i wrote, perhaps.

and i am saying again and again, there can be more than one possible answers to a single Q
oh maira bhai (y)(y)(y)(y)(y):p:p