• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
But a BULB is in the circuit too. Will it still be the EMF?
really close since the voltmeter voltage is really high relative to the bulb..Apply the voltage fraction formual in series and u will find tht p.d of voltmeter is wud be really close to e.m.f even with a lamp

Reaction score
really close since the voltmeter voltage is really high relative to the bulb..Apply the voltage fraction formual in series and u will find tht p.d of voltmeter is wud be really close to e.m.f even with a lamp

So you are saying the voltmeter itself has a potential difference o_O
And the voltage of the voltmeter is the reading of the voltmeter.. which is very close to the EMF of the cell?

Reaction score
Yup it does show the force required to have resultant moment zero..To further complement ur statement if the newton meter were to be exactly below the line of weight of tht block it wud cancel it,s weight as well and then (even including the block) the force wud be 1.2
U r also right when u say if we remove the weight the pivot exerts 1.2N coz it wud then have to cancel only weight of ruler
So you/I am/are saying that Newton Meter exerts no force. But then Moment of any force applied at 0 distance to pivot will be zero so whatever the pivot applies on the ruler it won't balance it?

Reaction score
Can someone explain it to my why the answer is C and not D :/

Attachments

• question.PNG
    question.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
So you are saying the voltmeter itself has a potential difference o_O
And the voltage of the voltmeter is the reading of the voltmeter.. which is very close to the EMF of the cell?
V1 = Voltage before Voltmeter
V2 = Voltage after Voltmeter

PD = V1-V2

V1 = EMF
V2 = Almost Zero.

Reaction score
Oh god
it is pretty simple actually
If you practically put a voltmeter in series it blows up unless the cell emf is quite small
otherwise it is safe to say that the reading will be pretty large

Reaction score
Can someone explain it to my why the answer is C and not D :/
D says non-metal and non-metals form negative ions so they can't be in positive ion state.
They can't lose electrons only gain them. To form positive ions they must have lost an electron which does not happen.

Reaction score
So you/I am/are saying that Newton Meter exerts no force. But then Moment of any force applied at 0 distance to pivot will be zero so whatever the pivot applies on the ruler it won't balance it?
The pivot does not balance the ruler,the moment provided by newton meter equalizes the other moment.Of course the meter exerts a foce but tht force only creates an opposing moment and dose not cancel the weight force of the object as it is not in line with weight..Like I said earlier if it were to be exactly below (i.e in dirct line witht he weight OF THE BLOCK) then it WUD cancel the weight of the block and picvot wud exert 1.2 N coz it needs to oppose weight of scale alone