• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
n-png.42912
Answer's D?

Reaction score
Reaction score
You will get wrong angle of incidence thus wrong angle of refraction so diagram will be wrong. I didn't say they won't meet at a single point?
How come?
when the ray passes thru the centre it will go undeviated and hit the screen at a pt.Now any ray drawn frm the same pt of the obj towards the lens will go meet at tht pt..Try it out for ur self u will see tht even after diff rays meet at diff pts of lens they will meet at one pt.
Abt wht u drew..I assume tht u though the after hitting the lens the ray will go parallel to principal axis.This is the case if it were to pass thru f which is not given in the question so this assumption wud be wrong,but it wud be right on the pretext tht any ray frm the top wud after refraction meet at tht pt.TuYMhtL.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Q13, oone bongi try:
B: as the surrounding temperature keeps changing coz of energy lost by the house, the temperature will not remain constant. coz if surrounding temperature rises, the temp. of house will also rise to keep the temperature of house *warmer* than surroundings. and the Q says, temperature of house is to be constant. so B is not the explanation.
C: its definitely not true.
D: this one is also not true.

only choice left, is A

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had a long discussion on 13
25. Use the right hand grip rule for current. It is clockwise, and since P is closer, the field is greater there

30. Voltage in parallel is the same, V1=V2, but the current divides, I1=/I2
So what did you guys conclude about 13th?
Actually I've forgotten how to use it. :/ Like if I place the thumb in the direction of the current which is into the paper, how do I get the field from teh curled up fingers?
When resistances of resistors are diffrnet, the p.d will vary too, I mean one with greater resistance voltage and vice versa. Why is this not applied over here?