• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Umm for the rays one, we had to trace the rays back right? I didn't do that but i drew the rays correct, the question asked to complete the 2 rays. I didnt trace them back tho :( will that be okay?

Reaction score
Umm for the rays one, we had to trace the rays back right? I didn't do that but i drew the rays correct, the question asked to complete the 2 rays. I didnt trace them back tho :( will that be okay?
You had to mark f, 2.8 cm away from lens. First ray passes through it while second goes undeviated.

Reaction score
No the rays did NOT diverge as object was betweem f and 2f so the image would be formed at some distance.The question also stated that image would be formed after 11 cm,and this was true as the lines got closer but did not meet before 11 cm.They were not parallel so at some point the were bound to meet on the opposite side of the lens

Reaction score
No the rays did NOT diverge as object was betweem f and 2f so the image would be formed at some distance.The question also stated that image would be formed after 11 cm,and this was true as the lines got closer but did not meet before 11 cm.They were not parallel so at some point the were bound to meet on the opposite side of the lens
her post gave me a heart attack for a moment :p

Reaction score
I did thaat. But I didnt trace the ray back to form the image. I made the rays correct tho. And what were the 3 words? :p

Real Inverted and magnified as the object was between f and 2f.

What was the answer of the MCQ with manometer and atmospheric pressure increasing/decreasing, what happens to 'h'

(A) It decreases with as atmospheric pressure decreases with height. As atmospheric pressure decreases there was less pressure acting on the open end. Thus the liquid would move up.

Reaction score
hahaha ye diagram kitnai marks ki thi. mai tou gayi . i think i only did last part right? 7 marks gone down the drain

Reaction score

(A) It decreases with as atmospheric pressure decreases with height. As atmospheric pressure decreases there was less pressure acting on the open end. Thus the liquid would move up.
wasnt it abt lenght of mercury? i did as atm press dec it increases as leess atmospherric pressure actiong on it

Reaction score

It would not move up yar,there would be less difference in pressure at both ends and that would lead to lower h.