• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Pathan bhai answer is 2.8N
lol "naswer"
lol swap erre..most common script error
Yar after all my deliberation,i have found tht the whole idea on which they base their answer is rather vague,at least to me...there has to be a greater clue in the question or perhaps they shud specify in the syllabus this part or I dunno sth like this.
I can tell u how they arrived at the answer,but due to many doubts I am not satisfied or rather cant tell how the way they did is possible or cud be applied..there r many intermediaries and all tht
Ok then,it,s simple in the sense of calculations they did...
they basically said the system in equi so upward forces=downward forces since up force=8N and downward force5.2 N then pivot wud exert ADDITIONAL 2.8 N on the wood..remember the pivot is in middle and cannot break free the force is actually its push agains the wood at its BOTTOM
8-5.2=2.8 N Though,again, I don't quite get the whole thing I mean there r many ambiguities..the directiona and ORIENTATON of these forces being the chief concern

Reaction score
Dark Destination and M.Omar, IMO for Polyunsaturated, the second mark was for mentioning it is a polymer that is unsaturated! Because then what would be the difference between unsaturated and polyunsaturated?
Unsaturated is a hydrocarbon where there is one C=C double bond,e.g Alkenes.Poly means many so we had to mention that the fat had more than one or many C=C double bonds.

Reaction score
what a signature
Exams man.

If you want to stare at it:
8QNao29.png

Reaction score
Not really
You have to say that there are many C-C double bonds hence 'poly'

Unsaturated is a hydrocarbon where there is one C=C double bond,e.g Alkenes.Poly means many so we had to mention that the fat had more than one or many C=C double bonds.

Yeah, i didn't mention C=C, so i'll probably lose one mark here. I mentioned their being MANY, Double bonds. Didn't knew that it was necessary to be between Carbon atoms, as the fat they showed in the diagram didn't have them between Carbon atoms, it was between Carbon and Oxygen. .-.

Reaction score
Yeah, i didn't mention C=C, so i'll probably lose one mark here. I mentioned their being MANY, Double bonds. Didn't knew that it was necessary to be between Carbon atoms, as the fat they showed in the diagram didn't have them between Carbon atoms, it was between Carbon and Oxygen. .-.
Unsaturated means C=C bonds are present not any other type of double bond...