• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey guys.... could any of you help me out.... its physics O/N/02 paper 2 question 4...... i'm quite not sure how to draw (a) .... any help would be appreciated :) kinda panicking at this point..... the question paper link is http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Physics (5054)/5054_w09_qp_2.pdf
thanx in advance :)
two rays, starting from M, diverging a little, striking the mirror, then reflected till P. the two rays start from same point, M , but end at two different points at P. then continue the two rays from P back INTO the mirror until they both meet

Reaction score
i want help in :
A glass block of length 18cm and refractive index 1.5 contains a small air bubble . viewed from one side , the bubble appears to be 8 cm from this side. how far in the block will it appear when viewed from the opposite side??
a 4cm
b 6cm
c 10cm
d 12cm

Reaction score
i know :p dats only for leaves ;)

i was thinking the same as ashiqbal.... n m not sure but i think that the Cl should dissolve in the water present and form hypochorous acid (n thus give an acidic color on the UI)
confirm please :D[/quote
i want help in :
A glass block of length 18cm and refractive index 1.5 contains a small air bubble . viewed from one side , the bubble appears to be 8 cm from this side. how far in the block will it appear when viewed from the opposite side??
a 4cm
b 6cm
c 10cm
d 12cm
10 i guess.... i dont think the refractive index is of any use here

Reaction score
attached is the paper and here is an answer i googled:
Students should be able to notice bubbles of gas at each electrode. At the positive electrode, the indicator turns red initially, and is then bleached to colourless. This indicates the presence of chlorine. At the negative electrode the indicator turns purple. The remainder of the solution stays green.

Attachments

• 0620_w09_qp_12.pdf
    181.6 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
attached is the paper and here is an answer i googled:
Students should be able to notice bubbles of gas at each electrode. At the positive electrode, the indicator turns red initially, and is then bleached to colourless. This indicates the presence of chlorine. At the negative electrode the indicator turns purple. The remainder of the solution stays green.
the indicator is being bleached by the electrode product... it is not turning colorless as an indication of any pH :) as chlorine gas is being produced at that electrode
thanx though...

Reaction score
i want help in :
a 4cm
b 6cm
c 10cm
d 12cm
Pretty uncommon question :p Is it from Q/P?? which year then?