• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
dont be sad... im not even have enough time to think about it... i waste too much time on the graph and i not feeling well today... waste too much time to understand the question... :cry: hope no calculation mistake.... :(
the graph waz reali awkward..!!!

Reaction score
but the electrodes are of copper and the solution is of copper salt so wouldnt the copper deposit on cathode ???
the blue colour is of the solution. what happens is that Cu2+ ions from the solution deposit on the cathode, thus reducing the concentration of the solution. but the anode dissolves to becomes ions and replaces those ions and restores the concentration... thus maintaining the colour too. (the colour of the soluion gets pale if the solution becomes dilute but here the solution remains of the same oconcentration so no change in colour.) hope it heled :)

Reaction score
the blue colour is of the solution. what happens is that Cu2+ ions from the solution deposit on the cathode, thus reducing the concentration of the solution. but the anode dissolves to becomes ions and replaces those ions and restores the concentration... thus maintaining the colour too. (the colour of the soluion gets pale if the solution becomes dilute but here the solution remains of the same oconcentration so no change in colour.) hope it heled :)

thanks a lot dude

Reaction score
guys can some1 give me a list of all laws we need for physics paper 3????
Would be really grateful to who would give me, and thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Reaction score
but the electrodes are of copper and the solution is of copper salt so wouldnt the copper deposit on cathode ???

yes it will deposit on cathode

as the copper in electrolyte start moves to cathode the copper deficiency in electrolyte is recovered by the copper at anode ..if one ion of copper moves to cathode then one ion will be deducted from copper anode ...therefore the amount of copper remains the same thus color would not change !!!

hope you got it