• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

asd

Reaction score
but what is the difference in STRUCTURE?(y)
Both contain Dicarboxylic acids and Di-alcohols as monomers. I guess no change in the structure (both have ester linkage). Just that fats are natural polymers, and the other is synthetic.

Reaction score
Both contain Dicarboxylic acids and Di-alcohols as monomers. I guess no change in the structure (both have ester linkage). Just that fats are natural polymers, and the other is synthetic.
and remember for fats monomers are fatty acids and triols(diol,glycrOL) and the monomers are not continous or we would never run out of energy(y)

Reaction score
tell me something in titration i cant remember....see first we do it with indicator,then note levels..bla bla i know and discard solution. I read somewhere k if we do not want to discard solution and use it like that we remove the indicator with something. Is that sand paper???? Cant remember where i read it and what the material was please help

asd

Reaction score
tell me something in titration i cant remember....see first we do it with indicator,then note levels..bla bla i know and discard solution. I read somewhere k if we do not want to discard solution and use it like that we remove the indicator with something. Is that sand paper???? Cant remember where i read it and what the material was please help
I don't remember. Plus I don't think that this method would be acceptable because in the first trial you are unsure as to what amount of acid is needed to JUST titrate the base and that's why you use the indicator. Even with indicator you, unknowingly, add slightly more amount of acid to the base, so the resulting salt will be contaminated, and the TATA salt company will never accept your salt. Even if you, somehow, remove the indicator it wouldn't help. Therefore, you have to repeat the experiment WITHOUT the indicator this time. That's what I even saw in Mark scheme.

Reaction score
thats charcoal. we boil the titrated solution after adding charcoal and then filter it off

Reaction score
SilverCrest said:
but what is the difference in STRUCTURE?(y)
the difference lies in the monomers...
for natural fats there is only one monomer with 2 diff functional groups on both sides, eg
HOOC-C2H8-OH
but for esters there are two monomers, each with a similar functional group on both ends,eg
HOOC-C2H8-COOH AND HO-CH4-OH
but in both cases the linkage remains same...(y)