• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
XP page closed by me now .. if anyone wants my attention quote me or tag me so i can notice the post later in an hour or so .. :p

Reaction score
what question were you answering ??

And now that we are on the topic ..

N2(g) + H2(g) <--> NH3(g)

If forward reaction is exothermic ..

then decreasing the temperature and increasing the pressure will make more Ammonia ...?

I haven't grasped the concept behind applying pressure on gases, where to decrease and where to increase .. can ya help me out there??
according to an unknown law if u apply a constraint to a reaction in equilibrium da reaction occur in such a way to overcome dat constraint
e.g in exothermic reactions as heat is already being released;increasing da temp will favour backward reaction i.e excess heat will bw absorbed......(for basic understanding)
for better understanding visit the link below:p
http://www.gcsescience.com/h5.htm

Reaction score
ummm... can u plz xplain the LOGIC of this pressure thingy. its confusing o_O
just explain the logic of the first point the others will automtically fall into place bcuz i never understand the pressure effect n equilibrium!! :mad:

Reaction score
ummm... can u plz xplain the LOGIC of this pressure thingy. its confusing o_O
just explain the logic of the first point the others will automtically fall into place bcuz i never understand the pressure effect n equilibrium!! :mad:
I have made a post on previous page take a look at it