• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Allaikum and Hi everyone ,
hope u all are doin great !

Well as the topic says help for chemistry :D biology :D and Physics :D is available here that means that u can ask any mind blowing question or ask any question regarding a particular topic or ask abt any questions from Past paper or any of your text books. (y) (y)

I made this topic so that people dont make many posts asking abt bio,physics or chemistry individually but they can post their reply here where it can be answered with ease and the members wont have to go searching for topics to help! :D !

So what are u waiting for now write ur questions here !
THANKS and Bye or Allah Hafiz ! :wink: :good:

Plx some body in this forum help im a student studying in grade 10..... wishing to finish my home work knowingly

My first question is
1-Aluminium has a density of 2700Kg/m³.
a) What is the density in g/cm³?
b) What is the mass of 20cm³ of aluminium?
c) What is the volume of 27g of aluminium?

Use the information in the table of densities at the top of the page to answer the following:
2) What material, of mass 39g, has a volume of 5cm³ ?
3)What is the mass of air in a room measuring
5m x 2m x 3m?
4)What is the volume of a storage tank which will hold 3200kg of petrol?
5)What mass of lead has the same volume as 1600 kg of petrol?

Reaction score
account for the following :
a ) a saucepan used in cooking has a low heat capacity.
b ) on a clear sunny day , the temp of the surface of the sea rises less rapidly than the temp of nearby land .

Ans a: Heat transfer will take place through both convection and conduction; more effective.
Ans b: Radiation will only heat the surface of the water, this will not affect the rest of the water because convection currents do not travel downwards; therefore it remains relatively cool.

Reaction score
Ans a: Heat transfer will take place through both convection and conduction; more effective.
Ans b: Radiation will only heat the surface of the water, this will not affect the rest of the water because convection currents do not travel downwards; therefore it remains relatively cool.

One or two things i think u already know but i think these might help if u dont know :p

Although the answer to the first part looks absurd as it doesnt answer the question but in the second part u say convection currents dont travel down actually they do cold convectional currents travel down thats exactly how an air conditioner works and also in the second part u say that radiation just heats the top part,actually radiation here which is concerned with Infra-red radiation heats up the whole water but it heats up very slowly due to its very high specific heat capacity therefore water is mostly used as a coolant :D

Hope u dont mind wanted to correct the concepts :p :p

Reaction score
account for the following :
a ) a saucepan used in cooking has a low heat capacity.
b ) on a clear sunny day , the temp of the surface of the sea rises less rapidly than the temp of nearby land .

a so that its temp increase quickly and can help cooking

b . becox heat of capacity of land is greater than that of sea

i think that the heat capacity of land is less than the heat capacity of sea, that is y it heats up quickly!

Reaction score