• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
My question is that the graphs in Biology/Physics, can we make them with straight lines, if it is not specified to make a curve. Also often i see in physics past papers they saying "straight line to best fit" and the points don't make a straight line... what does that mean!

Reaction score
My question is that the graphs in Biology/Physics, can we make them with straight lines, if it is not specified to make a curve. Also often i see in physics past papers they saying "straight line to best fit" and the points don't make a straight line... what does that mean!
by best fit they mean tht the line should not have bizarre bends and curves. it should be a decent line/curve, with equal number of points ignored above n below the line. the starting point and the end point should make the start and end of the line produced

Reaction score
as for not specified just join the points not a straight line if not said so!
and for Physics try making a straight line with as much points can fit in it ignore the ones who are not on the line and if they say cure make a curve and ignore if some points are not in the curve ps you make a curve free hand!

Reaction score
When we cut the stem longitudinally, one side i.e. the outer one has a layer of cuticle over it which is impermeable, the other side has no cuticle so it is affected by water loss or gain. After immediately cutting the stem, the cells in the inner layer become turgid, but the cells in the outer layer remain the same, those turgid cells exert pressure and so the stem curls outwards. The same concept applies for when the stem is put in a solution with high water potential/low sugar conc.

However, when the stem is placed in conc. sugar solution, the cells in the inner layer loose water and become flaccid while the outer layer remains the same so the stem curls inwards.
Best of luck (y)
Thankyou and can u also explain me the topic surface area to volume ratio pleasee

Reaction score
by best fit they mean tht the line should not have bizarre bends and curves. it should be a decent line/curve, with equal number of points ignored above n below the line. the starting point and the end point should make the start and end of the line produced

actually it is not necessary to join the first and the last point, you just have to make a line of best fit

Reaction score
Same Problem here !!!! i have decided to practice past paper !!! It should be a help or else :notworthy: God bless us !!!!!!
I don't have lab waiting for me at home. How am I supposed to practice the PRACTICAL with past papers?! DO you have ATP or the real one?