• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Someone please tell me how to make ionic equations, i really need to know them because they are asked in almost every exam, so pleasee helpp!
As far as I've been taught, to make ionic equations, you need to know basics. Like the conpunds in liquid state do not break or ppt state. Khair an example is pretty important so..
Na3PO4+ CaCl2= Ca3( PO4) 2 +Na +Cl
Kindly balance it too. It'll be all messy here.
Na3PO4 when broken will give Na and PO4, CaCl2 will give you Ca and Cl. So basically on the reactant side that's all you have. Product side pe Calcium phosphate doesn't break since it's in solid state.. Na and Cl is left. You cut the same ions or radicles from each side since they're the spectator ions only. The rest left is your answer.

Reaction score
5.png
whats the answer? marking scheme says C. the first line says the metal is below copper so it will discharge before copper so 45g is impurity. purity=5/50 * 100=10%

Reaction score
Someone please tell me how to make ionic equations, i really need to know them because they are asked in almost every exam, so pleasee helpp!
in ionic equation you have to split up ONLY AQEOUS compound into ions
then cancel out the one which is splitted and present on both sides of equation e.g
CaCO3 +2HCL = CaCl2 +CO2 +H2O
1 In this equation calcium carbonate, Hydrochloric acid and calcium chloride will be split up to ion
2 then cancle out calcium and chloride as they are only ions present on both sides of equation
3 write left ions as it is and other compounds in equation

CO3(-2) + 2H(+1) = CO2+H2O (charges are mention on top and not in brackets as it is not possible here)

precautions....
precipitates are solid
only aqeous is to be split up no gas no solid
balance equation

Reaction score
in ionic equation you have to split up ONLY AQEOUS compound into ions
then cancel out the one which is splitted and present on both sides of equation e.g
CaCO3 +2HCL = CaCl2 +CO2 +H2O
1 In this equation calcium carbonate, Hydrochloric acid and calcium chloride will be split up to ion
2 then cancle out calcium and chloride as they are only ions present on both sides of equation
3 write left ions as it is and other compounds in equation
Thanks alot, you were of great help :)
CO3(-2) + 2H(+1) = CO2+H2O (charges are mention on top and not in brackets as it is not possible here)

precautions....
precipitates are solid
only aqeous is to be split up no gas no solid
balance equation

Reaction score
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20O%20Level/Chemistry%20(5070)/5070_w08_qp_1.pdf
does anybody know why the answer to Q39 is D and not C?
It is the eutrophication question btw

Reaction score
look plants are required for the production of oxygen so i guess whn plants will die the source of oxygen wont be available:oops:

Reaction score
look plants are required for the production of oxygen so i guess whn plants will die the source of oxygen wont be available:oops:
ummmm, in eutrophication, plants die, bacteria rapidly divide to decompose them and use up oxygen, that is what takes up all the oxygen causing an oxygen deficiency.