• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
according to the formula, pressure = force/area. If force is constant, as in the question, we can deduce that pressure will be inversely proportional to area. So if the area increases, the pressure would decrease. So the ans should be d.
It should NOT be C because of inversely proportional graph.
http://www.google.com.pk/search?q=inversely proportional graph&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HpOhUdGlBdG3hAe3roCYDg&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667
Proportional graph has a straight line but inversely prop. does not.

Reaction score
Explain why nuclei do not easily come together?
nuclei are positively charged, `as a result they repel each other. A large amount of thermal energy is required so that the kinetic energy overcomes this repelling force

Reaction score
he had rechecked his papers. after rechecking they send the answer booklet , mark sheet, q paper, and examiner report for that particular student's paper
but i didnt receive any of those in rechecking, maybe its just when ur grade gets changed

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS:
You have been given two identical(same colour, same size) pieces of metal. From there one is a magnet and other is a magnetic material. You have to describe a method to show which one is the magnet and which one is the magnetic material. Given that you can't have a string or any other things just the metal pieces.

Reaction score
You have been given two identical(same colour, same size) pieces of metal. From there one is a magnet and other is a magnetic material. You have to describe a method to show which one is the magnet and which one is the magnetic material. Given that you can have a string or any other things just the metal pieces.
bring near the two poles of magnet to the pieces , already held with a string. if it is magnet then it will move backward with one pole and come forward with another pole. if it is magnetic it will come forward to the magnet regardless of pole

Reaction score
bring near the two poles of magnet to the pieces , already held with a string. if it is magnet then it will move backward with one pole and come forward with another pole. if it is magnetic it will come forward to the magnet regardless of pole
i am really sorry...i typed the question wrong. it shud be that you cannot have a string or other things. now please answer.

Reaction score
It is just the same, the only difference is that the magnet is placed down or hold by hand
The thing is that how do you that what u are bringing near the other is a magnet or not..... since u a only have the two things, they would attract in any case, so u cant differentiate!!!

Reaction score
You have been given two identical(same colour, same size) pieces of metal. From there one is a magnet and other is a magnetic material. You have to describe a method to show which one is the magnet and which one is the magnetic material. Given that you can't have a string or any other things just the metal pieces.
Are u sure thats the entire question??? Or can u at least tell the year and question if its a past paper question.....

Reaction score
0 The background count rate in a laboratory is 10 counts/min.
The measured count rate from a radioactive source is 410 counts/min, which includes the
background.
The half-life of the source is 5 days.
What is the measured count rate after 15 days?
A 10 counts/min
B 50 counts/min
C 60 counts/min
D 110 counts/mi

Reaction score
The measured count rate from a radioactive source is 410 counts/min, which includes the
background.
A 10 counts/min
B 50 counts/min
C 60 counts/min
D 110 counts/mi

Background count = constant = 10 counts/min.
So, Radioactive source count = 400 counts/min.
After three half lives, the radioactive source count = 400/8 = 50 counts/min.
After 15 days, the count rate = 50 + 10 (b.c) = 60 counts/min. C.

Reaction score
background.
A 10 counts/min
B 50 counts/min
C 60 counts/min
D 110 counts/mi
i think it is C