• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Mass of two carboxylic acid groups = ( 12+ 16 + 16 + 1) x 2 = 90

Mass of
BXn1jzC.png
= 132-90 = 42

Taking x = 3, mass of carbon = 12 x 3 = 36

Therefore, mass of hydrogen= 42-36 = 6

So, y=6 :)

Reaction score
Quite frankly , I'm not sure either, I've got solved past papers, So I solved it here from looking at 'em.

I'll practice 'em tonight :)

Awesome12 @asadaslam funky brat Faizan Muhammmad
Please answer her query :)
Y U NO SPELL MY NAME RIGHT

why on earth x=3? n how did u deduce ittttttttttttttt ---_____---
Well we have to fine x and y and they are with C and H,so we will remove the other masses:
132-90=42
By deduction the only logical number would be 3C=12x3=36 and 6H=6.

Reaction score
s11 qp 42 question 8d :(
green/yellow/colourless- to- purple
as the solution(P) in flask is very dilute it will show a very light colour (a mixture of the fe 2+ and fe 3+ ions) its not red-brown or dirty green as solution DILUTE.
when potassium manganate(VII) is added, the solution changes colour as potassium manganate in excess.

Last edited:
Reaction score
green/yellow/colourless- to- purple
as the solution(P) in flask is very dilute it will show a very light colour (a mixture of the fe 2+ and fe 3+ ions) its not red-brown or dirty green as solution DILUTE.
when potassium manganate(VII) is added, as excess of sulfuric acid present in flask, this makes the colour of it, purple. (remember potassium manganate is purple in acids) :)
About the last line, the statement is incorrect. We have added the KMnO4 in excess (KMnO4 is purple in colour), and as a result, the solution has turned purple