• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
motion in circle.....
force always towards centre
I know that. It's the centripetal force acting on the object but the object is turning because there is a resultant force. Two forces are acting on the car one is the forward force by the engine and the centripetal force due to friction. If you try to use vector addition to find the resultant it should be in between the two forces right? If so then resultant should be in the direction of C.

Reaction score
I know that. It's the centripetal force acting on the object but the object is turning because there is a resultant force. Two forces are acting on the car one is the forward force by the engine and the centripetal force due to friction. If you try to use vector addition to find the resultant it should be in between the two forces right? If so then resultant should be in the direction of C.
nope
the resultant force in circular motion is towards centre

Reaction score
It's a circle, in circle the resultant force acts excatly in the centre around which the thing is moving.

Reaction score
Show me some proof.
That thread thingy, when you are moving it in a circle there is a resultant force in the centre of the circle that keeps on pulling it towards it. And when you leave it the thread goes straight with a tangent to the circle, if the force was not towards the centre the thread would not move like this.

Reaction score
That thread thingy, when you are moving it in a circle there is a resultant force in the centre of the circle that keeps on pulling it towards it. And when you leave it the thread goes straight with a tangent to the circle, if the force was not towards the centre the thread would not move like this.
But that force in the thread is the centripetal force and not the resultant force. The stone is moving in a circle to the resultant direction should be circular.

Reaction score
Lol. :p
Yar dekho, R ki resistance increase kare gey uskey across potential diff. bhi increase kary ga. To capactior ko charge homay main ziada time lagy ga kiun kay usko p.d kam miley ga. Islye lights less frequently light up hon gey.
nhi aya samjh :(