• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology mcq's help ...

Reaction score
sweetiepie said:
@ marykins did u c my answer i explained u...:)

Aaaah yeah ... it was really helpful :) geez , thanks ... answer my recent one as well please =)

Reaction score
for qn1dtrcm.pdf ...the answer is cytosine and guanine...!! coz Adenine and guanine are purine bases which means it has two rings...whereas other three are pyramidine which has one ring only...now X has only onr ring and Y has two ring..means u shud choose from above...u will get answer C ..!!

Reaction score
and for the other one...answer is A...coz distance between sister chromatids goes on increasing...which is therefore number 2.....and distance between poles of spindle and centromere ..1st it decreases slowly..like there's a little contraction..and after that it pulls towards it..thus decreasing distance much likely...which is so number 1...therefore answer is A

Reaction score
What proportion of the stored chemical energy in grass is converted into new tissues by a growing cow?
A between 0.02% and 2%
B between 0.2% and 2%
C between 2% and 20%
D between 20% and 50%

A farmer wants to encourage the beneficial bacterial reactions involved in the nitrogen cycle in wheat fields?
A adding artificial nitrate fertiliser
B draining waterlogged fields
C growing the same crop every year
D irrigating fields

explain me dix?

Reaction score
sweetiepie said:
What proportion of the stored chemical energy in grass is converted into new tissues by a growing cow?
A between 0.02% and 2%
B between 0.2% and 2%
C between 2% and 20%
D between 20% and 50%

A farmer wants to encourage the beneficial bacterial reactions involved in the nitrogen cycle in wheat fields?
A adding artificial nitrate fertiliser
B draining waterlogged fields
C growing the same crop every year
D irrigating fields

explain me dix?
for 1 it is C as it is bnot quite high and not quite low like the rest of the answers ... I hope u understand me ...
For 2 it is B I think as dranage of waterlogged fields is very good for lots of bacteria.........