• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY P1 + P2:DISCUSSION

Reaction score
yar why u people r not uNDrStNding the question.it was askin the CAUSE FOR DECREASE IN PRESSURE NOT THE ITS CONSEQUENCE.WHEN DIAPHRAGM CONTRACTS it flattens increasin the volume of thoracic cavity nd decreasin the pressure.so anser is diaphrm contraction not incCREASE IN volume sos these pressure nd volume changes occur simultaneously cos of contraction of diaphram nd intercostal muscles

Reaction score
i think percentile vud be low cos many confusin questions in mcq nd insects question in section b theoy

Reaction score
The question asked why the pressure was high not low as far as I remember.... ;|
I wrote the exhaling of air as the answer...

Reaction score
yes... the pressure was decreasing bt not gowing below air pressure.... when pressure increases in lungs air is exhaled causing pressure to be reduced

Reaction score
evain said:
no it wasnt outflow pehle maine bhi yahi mark kia tha outflow hoga to vol decrease hogi aur pressure increase hoga(PHYSIX) is lie it was k breathe in kia hai bt i dnt remember the option jo sahih tha i guess one ws outflow second ws sumthng abt diaphragm which wsnt the ans the third 1 ws abt coastal muscles which ws wrng also nw i cant remember the 4rth option whch ws the ryt 1!!!

Yar ja k na koi buk kholo samaj aa jaye gi tmhe... asan q tha ye... nazar aa raha tha... the graph had an increased pressure.. and at x it was decreasing
Ja k parho keh thoracic cavity reduces in size and its pressure increases thus causing an outflow of air and when air flows out it reduce the pressuer again

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
evain said:
no it wasnt outflow pehle maine bhi yahi mark kia tha outflow hoga to vol decrease hogi aur pressure increase hoga(PHYSIX) is lie it was k breathe in kia hai bt i dnt remember the option jo sahih tha i guess one ws outflow second ws sumthng abt diaphragm which wsnt the ans the third 1 ws abt coastal muscles which ws wrng also nw i cant remember the 4rth option whch ws the ryt 1!!!

Yar ja k na koi buk kholo samaj aa jaye gi tmhe... asan q tha ye... nazar aa raha tha... the graph had an increased pressure.. and at x it was decreasing
Ja k parho keh thoracic cavity reduces in size and its pressure increases thus causing an outflow of air and when air flows out it reduce the pressuer again

Hamid is right. You can check MCQ no. 16 of Oct Nov 2009 Paper 1. When the pressure is decreasing from higher to lower, expiration i.e. outflow of air from lungs is taking place.
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambridge O Levels/5090 - Biology/5090_w09_qp_1.pdf

Reaction score
And for the beans mcq, when no light was provided, the abscence of light caused the leaves to become cream coloured. If ratio of half was to be taken then there had to 25 seeds for the green coloured ones and there was no option of 25

Reaction score
book worm said:
And for the beans mcq, when no light was provided, the abscence of light caused the leaves to become cream coloured. If ratio of half was to be taken then there had to 25 seeds for the green coloured ones and there was no option of 25

I am sure it was 0. Regarding the half ratio, I would add that there are hundreds of seeds so they may had been divided after estimating their mass or volume. So there can be a difference of 25 seeds

Reaction score
I think that the answer should be 0 but you cannot give it the reason of being HALF...because the heading was of the amount of leaves, not the plants or the seeds. The only reason should be of it being kept in the dark.

Reaction score
can anyone tell the answer of genetic engineering mcq what was the disadvantage??I wrote D

Reaction score
Hey guysssss!me finished my papers today...n found this paper eesy too...gud luck to any of url doing anymo papers!

Reaction score
sab choro bomb phoro! lol
i mean just let it go with flow dont tryna hold on it now! look for the upcoming 's!

Reaction score
bhaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiii y doesnt anyone get me the pressure at x ws decreasing which means inflow hoga otflow nahiiiiiii kioonke inflow main volume increase hoga!!!! which is y pressure at x decreased n the thing u were sayin abt chekking the buk i did anddd ive dun the pastpapers of 10 yrs n i asked my bro who is in medical so my answer is confirmed and ryt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
evain said:
bhaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiii y doesnt anyone get me the pressure at x ws decreasing which means inflow hoga otflow nahiiiiiii kioonke inflow main volume increase hoga!!!! which is y pressure at x decreased n the thing u were sayin abt chekking the buk i did anddd ive dun the pastpapers of 10 yrs n i asked my bro who is in medical so my answer is confirmed and ryt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man ur ans is completley wrong...there r more than one reasons for that...
although what u say is correct but if u remember the graph correctly the graph was decreasing from it maximum point now pls explain to me y the diaphrgm would contract after the thorax cavity has reached its limit.....
also
A. diaphragm contarcts(inhalation)
B. volume of thorax cavity increases(inhalation)
C. outflow of air(exhalation)
D. internal intercoastal muscles relax (inhalation)

c has 2 b correct as it is showing a differnt process

if u say that A is the cause and B is just a consequence then pls remember that D is also a cause of B
when internal muscles relax the external will contract (antagonistic movement) this will cause the thorax cavity to move upwards hence the volume of the cavity will increase.