• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P11 , HOW WAS IT?

Reaction score
i did paper 13 for as that's the variant in new zealand..i'll probably get about 38/40 but i am the freakin man at bio though.. i hope a2 will be as good in november..

Reaction score
Okay, I'm seeing a lot of confusion over here, so I'll try to clarify a few things:
1) Fatty acids AND glucose BOTH have C=O bonds (Fatty acids are carboxylic acids and the STRUCTURAL formula of glucose has C=O). Glycerol is propan-1,2,3-triol, so that's 3 -OH groups, but no C=O groups.
2) T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes BOTH produce memory cells
3) The answer to the question with 120 nucleotides was A (20 amino acids). This is because DNA is double stranded, so only half the nucleotides (60) are used to code for a protein. An amino acid is coded for by a codon, which contains 3 nucleotides, so 60/3 = 20 amino acids are coded in total.
4) The glycoprotein was responsible for the hormone recognition
5) The answer to question 39 was C, I think. I really can't remember which one it was, but it started with the last row, followed by the first, second, then third. You must multiply the number of individuals by the biomass of one individual (first two columns) then arrange the values in order
6) The answer to the net productivity was 0.75/1.8

Reaction score
cell membrane diagram and the question was about which part is responsible for the hormone recognition ... i picked B which was glycoprotein

i picked d one wid the protein channel cuz i thot dat had a specific shape for d hormones ???

Reaction score
what's the answer for the question which asked about what's the sequence for the substances that has high affinity to haemoglobin (CO2,O2,CO) ???

Reaction score
hmmm actually when i saw the word recognition i directly picked glycoprotein which was "B"

yea bu i got confused even tho i workd that same ques in past papers like thrice thot d hydrocarbon chain was something separate from d protin ahh.ok bu thanx for ur reply ;)

Reaction score
What was the answer for carbon 6 and carbon 3? something like that. I chose active transport for 6 and diffusion for 3? what u guys wrote?

Reaction score
what will be the starting of A ? though many said it was easy but i feel it was tricky and i don't feel the threshold will be very high . i guess 31 like June 2011