• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P31 <-----

Reaction score
heyy.. i just joined XPF.. i so agree! the time thing was unbelievable. hope we all get A*'s. :)

Reaction score
can i write the photosynthesis equation without putting light, chlorophyll? will i lose any marks?

Reaction score
Ashique said:
PUSHPAK1321 said:
Ashique said:
@PUSHPAK1321 How many candidates were there in your center?
70 I guess, and they r pretty confident about thier exams and seems to get high marks. BEST CENTRE EVER. :wink:

Damn, we have had staff problems during the last year.. All I hope that the number of good centers are less in the middle east time zones are less so that the curve doesn't go up.. I really want that A*
Anyways, I think we have waited a lot. Lets discuss-
What did you all write the two questions in the last page? Also the magnesium question, what did you answer for the two questions? And the adaptations of the plant?

Hey,

(Hoping 24 hours is up for the discussion time)
Magnesium question was easy....i wrote chlorophyll is made out of magnesium and all that stuff....the leaf had stomata on the the top, more air spaces and more chlorophyll on the palisade layer....i wrote stomata one.....what did you ppl write for the mutation question ?(i know its easy but i am not sure of what i wrote.)

BR,
Xenarra

Reaction score
Ashique said:
Oh snap! Even I forgot to write Cholorphyll and light for the photosynthesis equation. :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ Cause I was rushing. :/ :/ :/
Btw is it really true? That last year someone got 43/80 and then still got A*?

43?! dang...if its like that this time i am sooooo hoping to get an A*
kinda gives us hope...

Reaction score
GUYS .. for the first DAMN 2 pages ..... what were the labels ??.... and what was the process... and the function of muscle tissue ??

Reaction score
Dooouuu said:
GUYS .. for the first DAMN 2 pages ..... what were the labels ??.... and what was the process... and the function of muscle tissue ??

ok fer the labels i wrote , Epithelium, capillaries and lateal
fer the muscle tissue i wrote it helps in absorption of the nutrients from the digested food by providing energy and all.

Reaction score
I think the question was what is the probability of the brother to have the same blood group
it is 1:4 ,,
and apart from the first question and the last the exam was easy ,,btw what was the answer for the use of water in the alimentary canal? :( :)

Reaction score
beroo1995 said:
I think the question was what is the probability of the brother to have the same blood group
it is 1:4 ,,
and apart from the first question and the last the exam was easy ,,btw what was the answer for the use of water in the alimentary canal? :( :)

yea i relized i got that wrong, i thot we had to write percentage so i wrote 0% -.- .....for the first one in the alimentary canal i wrote small intestine and the second one i wrote stomach or something frgt.

Reaction score
what about the one about the experiment for glucose solution in wrapped in small intestine ?
why did the glucose concentration and the volume decrease?

Reaction score
pjcotera said:
what about the one about the experiment for glucose solution in wrapped in small intestine ?

the glucose concentration INCREASED because the water moved out

Reaction score
Actually leaving any part of the exam is simply stupid !

IF you wrote any shit u get atleast 1 mk, No shit = BIG ZERO !

Reaction score
Ashique said:
Xenarra said:
pjcotera said:

the glucose concentration INCREASED because the water moved out

Um, I'm sorry.. The question CLEARLY said explain why the glucose concentration in the intestine bag decreased

sorry ma bad...wasn thinking prprly....anyways i wrote something atleast : P

Reaction score
c00ldodo said:
Actually leaving any part of the exam is simply stupid !

IF you wrote any shit u get atleast 1 mk, No shit = BIG ZERO !

wer are u from? u kinda write like some dude from our school lol : /

Reaction score
i think i did 32 but it was so F**KING HARD!

am getting 30/80 or less...i hope its an A :p

Reaction score
Ashique said:
Hey Alzaabi :) Last year the minimum threshold for an A was 37/80. From what I see the majority of the candidates did not really do well, including me. A lot of us didn't manage to find time to complete the paper.
So lets hope the curves lowers.
Inshallah :)

Reaction score
Ashique said:
How many marks do you all expect to lose?
i did varient 2 and hope to lose 20 to 25 marks
but the gud thing was dat i finish the exam on time