• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P31 <-----

Reaction score
adityar said:
PEOPLE it is not respiration or digestion, think wider, it's ABSORBTION!!!!

No doubt about that, it definitely is absorbtion...
Now what is absorption? According to the syllabus, it is the movement of digested food molecules through the wall of the intestine into the blood or lymph (or in this case into the solution)
Now if I remember correctly the question asked WHY the volume/concentration of glucose decreased. The answer is not absorbtion by itself, you have to explain that the living cells in the small intestine layer respire, which releases energy that is used in active transport to enable the absorbtion of glucose.
Think wider, dude ;-)

Reaction score
dunno much but i didnt say mine was correct but either way lets forget about it and study for other upcoming sub :D

Reaction score
alexxx04 said:
adityar said:

No doubt about that, it definitely is absorbtion...
Now what is absorption? According to the syllabus, it is the movement of digested food molecules through the wall of the intestine into the blood or lymph (or in this case into the solution)
Now if I remember correctly the question asked WHY the volume/concentration of glucose decreased. The answer is not absorbtion by itself, you have to explain that the living cells in the small intestine layer respire, which releases energy that is used in active transport to enable the absorbtion of glucose.
Think wider, dude ;-)

When did I say I wrote only absorbtion and left it just like that?
The question said NAME the process, and EXPLAIN the process that's it what the question asked and you didn't have to mention osmosis or active transport. The question next to that asked what you are trying to answer, and about your answer, I am not argueing against it, the answer's fit for the one after the q I'm talking about (the one on the next page) =@ =@ =@

Reaction score
adityar said:

right there. To explain active transport for 2 marks, you HAVE TO write about respiration and obtained energy.

Reaction score
Guys, I felt this was one of the easiest question and still people are arguing. :x
What did u write about the role of muscle tissue?? I am not sure about it.

Reaction score
PUSHPAK1321 said:
Guys, I felt this was one of the easiest question and still people are arguing. :x

I wrote that it would help keep the villus in shape..
And also with contractions and relaxations, it may allow for some movement, as the ones shown in the picture were in different positions.

Reaction score
PUSHPAK1321 said:

I wrote that muscular contractions allow the villi to adapt to the type of food in the alimentary canal, so larger surface area and increased rate of absorbtion.

Reaction score
i wrote that it help the lymph vessel to move to a specific area and not to let it flow backward.

Reaction score
I wrote it help push food along and the muscle contractions to push the fat along the lymph vessels

Reaction score
The right answer is that muscles allow the villi to move around close in contact with the nutrients , this will reduce diffusion distance therefore increase rate of diffusion .

Reaction score
the muscle was peristalsis.
actually in the experiment one, i said that the small untestine had characteristics that allowed for diffusion like large surface area and moist lining

Reaction score
now in the question about the function of muscles in the villi i wrote that the muscles will respire to supply energy which is needed for the process of active transport .......is it correct or wrong ???

Reaction score
Alpha45 said:
The right answer is that muscles allow the villi to move around close in contact with the nutrients , this will reduce diffusion distance therefore increase rate of diffusion .
Does'nt make sense at all muscles are always thick, so they increase the distance, it has definitely to do with the contraction and transport. :)

Reaction score
Alzaabi said:
get A in all papers and you'll get an A*

you have to get high A's in 3 papers to get the star

I know someone who got 3 A's in all papers and got an A in the total
because his A's where low

Reaction score
oh guys i expect in paper 3... 55/80 and paper 6 .. 30/40.................what shall i get >??