• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P51

Reaction score
ooops then i wrote something and explained sth else *facepalmed* i hope they go blind while reading this :/
the conversion part i mean is as i remember they said we have a 1 mgcm-3 subtilisin
and we need to prepare different conc ranging from 20 ugcm-3 - 100 ugcm-3
i forgot doing this and just made conc 0.8, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2 all in mgcm-3

i made them all in mgum-3.. but idk if it's accepted. let's hope no stupid silly marks are lost

Reaction score
[QUthat's Senorita.K, post: 916533, member: 143857"]when you are using serial dilution method you dont have to use any formula :)
c1v1=c2v2 formula is used for normal dilution(dilution other than serial dilution) , you can never use this formula for serial dilution because serial dilution means just halfing the concentration :)[/QUOTE]
No that's not true since there are different types of serial dilution

Reaction score
[QUthat's Senorita.K, post: 916533, member: 143857"]when you are using serial dilution method you dont have to use any formula :)
c1v1=c2v2 formula is used for normal dilution(dilution other than serial dilution) , you can never use this formula for serial dilution because serial dilution means just halfing the concentration :)
No that's not true since there are different types of serial dilution[/QUOTE]
oh i didnt know that there are different types of serial dilutions
i have been taught in school that we never use c1v1=c2v2 formula for serial dilution :)

Reaction score
anyways it's only 3 marks and i guess you get marks when mentioning using distilled or deionised water and stirring
so if in case we lose or sth it will be 1 mark i guess hopefully

Reaction score
i dont think so because a buffer was already present in the cleaning solution, but for a control variable I referred to the thickness of the gelatin being used being uniform for all experiments.
I said that as well for the control :)