• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
Non-reducing sugar needs to be hydrolysed by the addition of an acid to break the bonds and make it a reducing sugar. The greatest difference is observed in A showing the greatest amount of non-reducing sugar is present in A when tested with Benedict's solution

Reaction score
Reducing sugar test non reducing sugar test
-ve +ve non reducing sugar present
+ve +ve non reducing sugar absent
+ve +ve (higher intensity than 1st one) R.S and N.R.S

Reaction score
endodermis is found in t.s root. epidermis is found in lower and upper epidermis in t.s leaf and t.s stem. epithelium is found in cilia. and endothelium is squamous epithelium that is one cell thick

Reaction score
I think B is the answer.
80 eyepiece division(eyepiece graticule)=0.2 mm
4 epd(chloroplast width)=0.01mm
1 mm=1000 um
0.01 mm= 10um

Reaction score
it is the formula of dissacharide. check ur notes. it is the same for all dissacharides.
oh...i thought you just use the formula of glucose and then you add them since there are two molecules of glucose and that's why i chose my answer as C
thnx

Reaction score
Untitled.png Why is the answer D ?
Are there really antigens on the surface of phagocytes ?
From the cambridge book it says that there are antibody receptors on white blood cells.I just dont get it !