• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 1

Reaction score
Nov 2005 Q32
explanation:
organisms 1,2 and 3 are producers i.e (they produce food .!)
organism 4 and 5 are primary consumers (primary consumers are herbivores .!)

organism 6,7 and 8 are secondary consumers
organism 9 is tertiary consumer

SECONDARY AND TERTIARY CONSUMERS ARE USUALLY CARNIVORES.!

Reaction score
June 2006 Q23
explanation:
moves your hands as said in figure .!
when you pull something towards your self the biceps CONTRACTS and triceps RELAXES .!
ball and socket joint is present in shoulder,,which only rotates about it's mean position .!

Reaction score
Q-32: Producers can be 1,2, and 3 as they're the base of the food chain. But carnivores are secondary consumers which feed on the organisms, which in turn feed on producers, so it has to be from 6, 7 OR 8. The answer is B.

Q-23: The answer is A. The biceps have to contract, because they're becoming smaller and they've to pull the ulna up. Plus, as triceps work antagonistically to them, so they would definitely relax at the same time. And as the question has asked about the 'ball and socket' join, so they can move in all directions and as they rotate the person moves himself upwards.

Q-18: The answer is C. Because, as the runners can store more concentration of lactic acid in their muscles, and only anaerobic respiration produes lactic acid, while the runners are running, so more anaerobic respiration can take place.

Q-26: Answer is C. Because when yeast is used in Bread making, it always has to respire anaerobically. Plus, carbon dioxide is useful product cuz it causes the dough to rise, whereas alcohol evaporated and it has no use.

Maybe my answers are wrong, cuz I haven't checked the marking scheme. I've directly given you my answers and I'm sure that they're correct.

Reaction score
June 2005 Q26

explanation: yeast respires anaerobically and produces both alcohol (ethanol) and carbon dioxide .!
ethanol evaporates easily as it's boiling point is low 78`C.!
carbon dioxide is useful product as it gives rise to bread .!