• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 11 and 31 Tip's

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So here comes Biology paper 11 & 31
Well General Advise in Paper 11 As my Opinion is to Just read the Book and do Pastpapers
while Doing pastpapers of paper 11 Just Concentrate on the Specific Question
While in paper 31 just Read the Book and Use Guides and Other Types of Notes as well
Some Important Topic's Are
Ecology,Transport in Plant's as well as In Human's,Variation, Selection, Inheritance and most importantly
Classification
Well Best of Luck Guy's
And Most Importantly Pray For Me

Reaction score
Can any. One tell me in transpiration pull what is cohesion etc I know it's the force between the molecule what function it performs!? Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So here comes Biology paper 11 & 31
Well General Advise in Paper 11 As my Opinion is to Just read the Book and do Pastpapers
while Doing pastpapers of paper 11 Just Concentrate on the Specific Question
While in paper 31 just Read the Book and Use Guides and Other Types of Notes as well
Some Important Topic's Are
Ecology,Transport in Plant's as well as In Human's,Variation, Selection, Inheritance and most importantly
Classification
Well Best of Luck Guy's
And Most Importantly Pray For Me
do you have 11 and 31 tomorrow ?

Reaction score
Water molecules are attracted to each other, and as water evaporates from the leaves columns of water are drawn up through the xylem vessels. This is cohesion. So basically it helps the plant to suck in water. Water helps in photosynthesis and other reactions going on inside the plant. Some of the functions of the transpiration stream could be :-

• it carries water for photosynthesis to the palisade cells in the leaves
  • the water carries essential mineral salts in solution
  • evaporation from the leaves has a cooling effect
Can any. One tell me in transpiration pull what is cohesion etc I know it's the force between the molecule what function it performs!? Thanks

Reaction score
Water molecules are attracted to each other, and as water evaporates from the leaves columns of water are drawn up through the xylem vessels. This is cohesion. So basically it helps the plant to suck in water. Water helps in photosynthesis and other reactions going on inside the plant. Some of the functions of the transpiration stream could be :-

• it carries water for photosynthesis to the palisade cells in the leaves
  • the water carries essential mineral salts in solution
  • evaporation from the leaves has a cooling effect
when is paper 11 and 31 ?

Reaction score
Get 37/40 in p1 and then 65+ in p3 !! A* will be yours !! However , you should have done good in p6 like 35/40