• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 12 2015

Reaction score
one more thing... you remember in paper 2 they asked what other substance from plasma move into the RBC...... i wrote dissolved oxygen.. is it okay? and what did u write for this question??
is oxygen in plasma? as it stated another substance in "plasma"
i wrote ions.... and then explained facilitated diffusion for it.

Reaction score
Cud anyone please tell me that for example there is a question for 6 marks and they tell us to describe some process (in biology) .... would we get all the 6 marks if we write minimum 6 valid points or do we need to write the whole process step by step? In mark scheme they have written max 6 marks and also they have given some 12 steps. Will we get 6 marks if we write atleast 6 of the steps or is it compulsory to write all the 12 steps one by one to gain whole 6 marks?? Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Cud anyone please tell me that for example there is a question for 6 marks and they tell us to describe some process (in biology) .... would we get all the 6 marks if we write minimum 6 valid points or do we need to write the whole process step by step? In mark scheme they have written max 6 marks and also they have given some 12 steps. Will we get 6 marks if we write atleast 6 of the steps or is it compulsory to write all the 12 steps one by one to gain whole 6 marks?? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
6 points and you get the marks.
Write 7-8 btw to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
The paper was not easy. So I hope the threshold is low.
1) Tertiary, tertiary
2) Lung cancer, chronic bronchitis (not sure about this one. I did bronchitis cuz of wheezing). Here's what wikipedia says.
xtreme.PNG
3) I did 3 and 4, it's wrong. It's supposed to be 1 and 2.
4) I did xylem is lignified option. I don't think mass flow occurs in xylem.
5) I chose that oxyhaemoglobin has no effect.
6) 1900
7) I did option A that discs produce spindle. Can somebody tell me what option C was? Like the statement? I don't think I read it properly.
8) I did yes yes yes for decomposition nitrification and nitrogen fixation option.
9) There was an ecoli ribosome? Really?
10) Temperature and unsaturated lipid option
11) It was at lung sth right? I did HCO3- ----> H2o + CO2
12) Paper 22 was soo hard :'(

Reaction score
1) Tertiary, tertiary
2) Lung cancer, chronic bronchitis (not sure about this one. I did bronchitis cuz of wheezing). Here's what wikipedia says.
View attachment 53740
6) 1900
7) I did option A that discs produce spindle. Can somebody tell me what option C was? Like the statement? I don't think I read it properly.
8) I did yes yes yes for decomposition nitrification and nitrogen fixation option.

1- I did the same, its correct, from a past paper.
2- messed it up, :(
3- which Q is that???
4- dont remember
5- I think I said the same
6- yup
7- dunno
8- same
9- ?
10- same
11- same, I'm almost sure that's correct
12- I agree, hoping the gt for that is 40-42. It's not unheard of.

For my MCQ paper, I can't see the gt being higher than 31, really hope it's not. Did you do paper 12?

Reaction score
1) Tertiary, tertiary
View attachment 53740
6) 1900
no. 2 is totally confusing. Although i chose the same option as yours, if you search google about emphysema or chronic bronchitis and compile symptoms of each from 2-3 websites... all the ones given in options will be covered for both. So this is an MCQ which's answer we will know only when the marking scheme comes :p