• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 12 Repeated and New Questions

Reaction score
Here are the 8 repeated Questions which i remember. There were 1 or 2 other repeated questions as well, but i am not sure about them.

oct nov 12 09 q23.jpg

oct nov 07 q19.jpg

may june 06 q20.jpg

may june 09 q25.jpg

may june 06 q29.jpg

may june 03 q36.jpg

oct nov 06 q38.jpg

Attachments

• may june 05 q8.jpg
    may june 05 q8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
sorry my bad...Forgot everything after the papr:p
was so involved in phy tht I forgot my own ans U r ryt!

Reaction score
Now onto the new Questions......
First lets cover the questions with the statements/combination answers. These are my answers and may not be correct! :)
1. There was a question about apoplast pathway. I think the correct option was the one which included both cell wall and xylem.
2. In the question about tRNA statements 1 and 2 were correct and statement 3 (tRNA has same sequence of bases as DNA) was incorrect.
3. In the COPD question, statements 1, 2 and 3 were correct and statement 4 (about reversible treatment) was incorrect.
4. In the question about which of the following are present in all blood vessels, lymph and tissue fluid, all those substances are present (glucose, CO2, wbcs, antibodies).
5. The question about presence of CO group, it is present in all 3 (fatty acids, amino acids and proteins).

Reaction score
Now onto the new Questions......
First lets cover the questions with the statements/combination answers. These are my answers and may not be correct! :)
1. There was a question about apoplast pathway. I think the correct option was the one which included both cell wall and xylem.
2. In the question about tRNA statements 1 and 2 were correct and statement 3 (tRNA has same sequence of bases as DNA) was incorrect.
3. In the COPD question, statements 1, 2 and 3 were correct and statement 4 (about reversible treatment) was incorrect.
4. In the question about which of the following are present in all blood vessels, lymph and tissue fluid, all those substances are present (glucose, CO2, wbcs, antibodies).
5. The question about presence of CO group, it is present in all 3 (fatty acids, amino acids and proteins).
I dont agree with tRna one.I am pity sure statement 2 was in correct so only 1 was right and secondly apoplast pathway requires cell wall for sure but not necessarily xylem otherwise all are correct

Reaction score
lets discuss all 40 of them..
Qs.1 was regarding size of eukaryote size, itwas C
Qs.2 was regarding annotation,A looked the best
Qs.3 chromatin
Qs.4 wavelenghth
Qs.5 actual diameter was D 10^2 nm
Qs.6 except for protein others wer present
Q.7 bonds of C atom 1,4,6
Qs.8 done above
Qs. nicotine inc blood pressure
Qs.small poz n measels are caused by virus
Qs. 3% sunlight energy converted due to reflection etc
Qs. endodermis suberin

I will add more as I remember others...I hope the ans and question are clear enough!

Reaction score
I dont agree with tRna one.I am pity sure statement 2 was in correct so only 1 was right and secondly apoplast pathway requires cell wall for sure but not necessarily xylem otherwise all are correct
About tRNA the second statement described the structure of a tRNA molecule, which was essentially correct (a polynucleotide chain in which there are some base pairs within the chain). Apoplastic movement invloves cohesion of water, which occurs in walls of xylem (cohesion with cellulose cell walls, not with lignin), so apoplast pathway is taken in xylem as well. Atleast this is what i know, based on my knowledge of past questions and the syllabus, maybe i am wrong! :)

Reaction score
About tRNA the second statement described the structure of a tRNA molecule, which was essentially correct (a polynucleotide chain in which there are some base pairs within the chain). Apoplastic movement invloves cohesion of water, which occurs in walls of xylem (cohesion with cellulose cell walls, not with lignin), so apoplast pathway is taken in xylem as well. Atleast this is what i know, based on my knowledge of past questions and the syllabus, maybe i am wrong! :)
do u remember the options of Apoplast question was there any option of cell wall only?
tRNA I am convinced statement 2 was incorrect!!

Reaction score
do u remember the options of Apoplast question was there any option of cell wall only?
tRNA I am convinced statement 2 was incorrect!!
I guess there was. Hmmmm, anyone else knows about the tRNA question????? :)

Reaction score
Qs.3 chromatin
Qs.4 wavelenghth
Qs.8 done above
Qs. endodermis suberin

I will add more as I remember others...I hope the ans and question are clear enough!
For Q2 i wrote C, which is probably wrong. The rest of your answers match mine! :) Although in Q6 i think fatty acids were also not present (I just realised it now, i also selected the option with absence of proteins and presence of reducing sugar and fatty acids).

Reaction score
Well tRNA has a clover shaped structure.The description in my opinion looked that of dna
It said that there were base pairs within part of the chain, whereas in DNA there are base pairs throughout the entire length. Also, in DNA there are two polynucleotides, whereas the description was about one polynucleotide. :)

Reaction score
apoplast occurs in xylem vessels too. tRNA ans was 1 nd 2

Reaction score
Qs.3 chromatin
Qs.4 wavelenghth
Qs.8 done above
Qs. endodermis suberin

wat was q6?

Reaction score
wat was q6?
food tests, a table was given with positive results with benedict's solution and ethanol (plus water) and negative result with Biuret solution, and it was asked that which row shows the correct substances' presence. Protein was obviously absent and reducing sugars were also present. However, many people are confused about fatty acids. Although i selected the option with presence of fatty acids (i mistook them to be lipids i guess), emulsion test is positive for lipids only, not for fatty acids.

Reaction score
so I remember a few more..
Reducing sugar was fructose
Cholera eradicated due to treatment of sewage and water treatment
then there was one with pressure in aorta,atria n ventricle
companion cell question was C
it was artificial active immunity option B
COB disease was 1 2 3 no 4
Then there was substrate and product graph... the correct one was a curve both going in opposite direction

Reaction score
so I remember a few more..
Reducing sugar was fructose
Cholera eradicated due to treatment of sewage and water treatment
then there was one with pressure in aorta,atria n ventricle
companion cell question was C
it was artificial active immunity option B
COB disease was 1 2 3 no 4
Then there was substrate and product graph... the correct one was a curve both going in opposite direction
the pressure one for aorta ventricle atria was it D?
and substrate product graph was A ?
and what about the tRNA question?