• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 2 (DISCUSSION)

Reaction score
the question meaned that the pesticide was added in the first year for the NEXT 6 years HOPE you got the point now

Reaction score
creative22 said:
can somebody tell what were we supposed to write in the questions

Q.2
(a) why the % of insects starts to increase from second year?

Q.4
(b)Explain how the embryo gets the requirements for germination

Q.8
EITHER
(a) Explain The processes that is involved in moving substances in and out of cells

Q.2
As the pesticide was being used, only the insects that wereimmune to the pesticide survived and some grew to be immune to it. when they breed, they get off spring that are immune and so the population increases.

Q.4
Oxygen > From the air around it
Water > As water vapour in the air

Q.8
I wrote about diffusion, osmosis and active transport! then i gave an examples for each for in and out

Reaction score
Either im right or you all are wrong about the structur in the MRI of the man, im sure they are ribs ; NOT intercoastal muscles!

Reaction score
:) hiiiiii to evrybody

mimmi : Heyy,sry to disturb but i've a problem with downloading the pdf biology 2010 posted by you.........!!!

The problem iz zat when click to download, wikisend iz asking for 'Authentification' : Username and Password....!!!
What am i suppose to write zer.........!!!

Please help anybody......badly need zis n btw, thnx for posting the link mimmi.......you're vry kind.

Reply as soon as possible...!!!
Thnxx in advance... :)

amy

Reaction score
mimmi said:
creative22 said:

Q.2

Q.4

Q.8
EITHER
(a) Explain The processes that is involved in moving substances in and out of cells

Q.2
As the pesticide was being used, only the insects that wereimmune to the pesticide survived and some grew to be immune to it. when they breed, they get off spring that are immune and so the population increases.

Q.4

Q.8
I wrote about diffusion, osmosis and active transport! then i gave an examples for each for in and out

Shouldn't we mention the parent plant as well? O2 from photosynthesis and its water supply from the soil..

Reaction score
TeKnOzOr said:
:) hiiiiii to evrybody

mimmi : Heyy,sry to disturb but i've a problem with downloading the pdf biology 2010 posted by you.........!!!

The problem iz zat when click to download, wikisend iz asking for 'Authentification' : Username and Password....!!!
What am i suppose to write zer.........!!!

Please help anybody......badly need zis n btw, thnx for posting the link mimmi.......you're vry kind.

Reply as soon as possible...!!!
Thnxx in advance... :)

That's weird, are you sure your pressing this link? http://wikisend.com/download/704980/2010 GCE O.pdf

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me where we should have drawn the line for the question on the MRI or X-rays(whatever it was) of the chest?

This one: Draw a line on the figure to show the position of the chest wall when the person breathes in deeply.

Reaction score
amy said:
member said:
Shiki Misaki said:
I don't think so. According to me, there must have been gene mutation for the offspring to grow over such a short period of time.

sorry didnt get you :shock:

Actually insects have short life cycles..

The question didn't ask about the water-flea but about the fruit wall and its seed. :p

Reaction score
amy said:
mimmi said:
creative22 said:

Q.2

Q.4

Q.8
EITHER

Q.2

Q.4

Q.8

Shouldn't we mention the parent plant as well? O2 from photosynthesis and its water supply from the soil..

@mimmi: Your answers for Q2 & Q8 are good. As for the Q4, you could have said, the oxygen part is correct but for water...the plant was already in water..So the plant absorbs water from there itself... :)

@Amy: No. Only for the embryo.

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Either im right or you all are wrong about the structure in the MRI of the man, im sure they are ribs ; NOT intercoastal muscles!

I wrote ribs too but cut it off later. How can it be ribs, mimmi?.. The ribs should be in the outer part of the image and not where H was positioned. Besides, H was thick; H must have comprised of the two Intercoastal muscles.
The Intercoastal muscles cannot be found outta the ribs.. You get that?.. :)

Reaction score
Pals_1010 said:
Can anyone please tell me where we should have drawn the line for the question on the MRI or X-rays(whatever it was) of the chest?

This one: Draw a line on the figure to show the position of the chest wall when the person breathes in deeply.

I ignore that too. I have drawn the line from the middle. :S I guess that's wrong.
I know that the chest wall expands as air volume increases in the lungs but A LINE to show its position? :S

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
mimmi said:
Either im right or you all are wrong about the structure in the MRI of the man, im sure they are ribs ; NOT intercoastal muscles!

I wrote ribs too but cut it off later. How can it be ribs, mimmi?.. The ribs should be in the outer part of the image and not where H was positioned. Besides, H was thick; H must have comprised of the two Intercoastal muscles.

The part shown as H was much whiter than all the other tissues! Also the colour is matching with that of the backbone! Also, it appeared as separate positions since the rib cage is kind of curved! The blacker spaces between the white areas could be the intercoastal muscles! If the white areas were intercoastal muscles, can you explain the darker areas between the two structures marked as H?

I think I'll talk to a doctor about this ~_~

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
@mimmi: Your answers for Q2 & Q8 are good. As for the Q4, you could have said, the oxygen part is correct but for water...the plant was already in water..So the plant absorbs water from there itself... :)

What do you mean already in water? =S wasn't the plant already hanging from the parent plant?

Maybe we both are wrong and the seedling got what it needed directly from the parent plant but I doubt that's the answer they want since it's asking about a tropical plant where it's hot and humid =S

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:

What do you mean already in water? =S wasn't the plant already hanging from the parent plant?

Maybe we both are wrong and the seedling got what it needed directly from the parent plant but I doubt that's the answer they want since it's asking about a tropical plant where it's hot and humid =S

It's a water plant. so obviously the roots should be immersed in water, no?... :) Therefore water was absorbed by the roots by osmosis to provide the plant with this factor. The word 'tropical' is a hint for the gaseous exchange. Well, it was not really helpful though. :p:D

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:
mimmi said:

The part shown as H was much whiter than all the other tissues! Also the colour is matching with that of the backbone! Also, it appeared as separate positions since the rib cage is kind of curved! The blacker spaces between the white areas could be the intercoastal muscles! If the white areas were intercoastal muscles, can you explain the darker areas between the two structures marked as H?

I think I'll talk to a doctor about this ~_~

The black areas are lobes(superior, middle and inferior) of the lungs. :p [This is out of syllabus]
'Intercoastal muscles' IS the answer. See the image again, you will notice that there are 2 white areas. The outer one is the ribs and the internal one is the 'Intercoastal muscles'. ;) The arrow pointed towards the internal one, so... :)

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:

It's a water plant. so obviously the roots should be immersed in water, no?... :) Therefore water was absorbed by the roots by osmosis to provide the plant with this factor. The word 'tropical' is a hint for the gaseous exchange. Well, it was not really helpful though. :p:D

It wasn't a water plant as far as I know o_O
Or are you talking about the question with a water plant that was eatin water fleas?

Reaction score
hahah such a chaos over here :)

guys those were external intercoastal muscles or you could either write intercoaster muscles :)

Reaction score
i wrote external costal muscles. I forgot to write the inter.DO tou think they are going to accept it?