• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 2 (DISCUSSION)

Reaction score
and embryo would absorb water from the humidity content in the atmosphere :)
i too wrote the same :)

Reaction score
guys just wanted to ask something i ruiened my Q.8 (E)
by not reading it carefully mainly i focused on this things which are transported in and out :(
altough i did wrote diffusion is the main process by which materials move in and out

i have explained very well that what substances move in and which moves out

HOPE not all marks are deducted :(

what say .,,,...

Reaction score
mimmi said:
I think I'll talk to a doctor about this ~_~

asked a doc (eldest sis). she said its intercostal muscles (i showed the image you gave in the pdf)

i wrote rib cage :x

amy

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:
mimmi said:
Either im right or you all are wrong about the structure in the MRI of the man, im sure they are ribs ; NOT intercoastal muscles!

I wrote ribs too but cut it off later. How can it be ribs, mimmi?.. The ribs should be in the outer part of the image and not where H was positioned. Besides, H was thick; H must have comprised of the two Intercoastal muscles.
The Intercoastal muscles cannot be found outta the ribs.. You get that?.. :)

The part shown as H was much whiter than all the other tissues! Also the colour is matching with that of the backbone! Also, it appeared as separate positions since the rib cage is kind of curved! The blacker spaces between the white areas could be the intercoastal muscles! If the white areas were intercoastal muscles, can you explain the darker areas between the two structures marked as H?

I think I'll talk to a doctor about this ~_~

The heart was in the middle of the picture and it was actually white! same as the backbone..so H could be the intercostal muscles!

amy

Reaction score
I related every of the seed's requirements to the parent plant..I think we had to do so since it was a special type of seed attached to the parent plant during germination so..I said the plant translocated nutrients to the seed if the nutrients from the cotyledon were not enough..Am i right?

amy

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:
@mimmi: Your answers for Q2 & Q8 are good. As for the Q4, you could have said, the oxygen part is correct but for water...the plant was already in water..So the plant absorbs water from there itself... :)

@Amy: No. Only for the embryo.

What do you mean already in water? =S wasn't the plant already hanging from the parent plant?

Maybe we both are wrong and the seedling got what it needed directly from the parent plant but I doubt that's the answer they want since it's asking about a tropical plant where it's hot and humid =S

Yeah i linked these with the embryo..how the embryo obtained O2 and water from the parent plant!

Reaction score
Now the question arises whether the term "intercoastal" muscles with an "a" between O and S will be accepted or not... I have figured out that Prince, Shiki Misaki and many are using this wrong spelling. The correct spelling for this is "intercostal" muscles without an "a" between O and S. A wrong spelling will be a wrong spelling. What do you guys think of this matter???

Reaction score
Prince III said:
hahah such a chaos over here :)

guys those were external intercoastal muscles or you could either write intercoaster muscles :)

As I have already said it's "intercostal" muscles without an "a" between O and S. What do you mean by the term "intercoaster" muscles Prince??? It sounds unfamiliar... I could not find the word from anywhere. Don't think these kind of words are gonna be accepted. :ugeek:

Reaction score
marks are not deducted if the pronounciation is same :)

and dude it's just 1 alphabet not a big deal
moreover

intercoastal and intercostal pronouncs same
so no problem :)

Reaction score
Prince III said:

moreover

Hey dude, What about the "intercoaster" muscles you were talking about??? :p

Reaction score
Leone said:
Prince III said:

moreover

Hey dude, What about the "intercoaster" muscles you were talking about??? :p

haha , sorry about that maybe in hurry overhere i have written it like this bet i am sure in exam i didnt did that mistake :)

thanks for pointing out :)

Reaction score
for the essay type question Either,, i wrote only for substances moving in..marks r going to be deducted?????? :cry:

Reaction score
Nishii4 said:
for the essay type question Either,, i wrote only for substances moving in..marks r going to be deducted?????? :cry:

You did not define the terms for movement of substances? :S

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Shiki Misaki said:
mimmi said:
What do you mean already in water? =S wasn't the plant already hanging from the parent plant?

Maybe we both are wrong and the seedling got what it needed directly from the parent plant but I doubt that's the answer they want since it's asking about a tropical plant where it's hot and humid =S

It's a water plant. so obviously the roots should be immersed in water, no?... :) Therefore water was absorbed by the roots by osmosis to provide the plant with this factor. The word 'tropical' is a hint for the gaseous exchange. Well, it was not really helpful though. :p:D

It wasn't a water plant as far as I know o_O
Or are you talking about the question with a water plant that was eatin water fleas?

About the water plant eating water fleas. :)

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
Nishii4 said:

You did not define the terms for movement of substances? :S
i did, it's just that i didnt give example for substances moving out of the cells.... i gave examples for only substances moving in the cells... wat will happen??