• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
i just got the reply from my sister, she said she had even done the same during her medical and then in plab, she said it is all related to air entering and collapsing our lungs, she said alveoli is nt the concern if its just a hole but it wasnt just a hole, it was a shot through his skin, so it would have certainly damaged our lungs and alveoli... i lost here :(
no sweetheart....you see at the level of PLAB, the candidate is expected to know a lot more than at O-Levels. The Examiners are actually looking for different ways to think. Although the marking scheme dosent give all the possible answers, all possible answers are considered by the Examiners during the Pre-Marking Exxaminers Meeting held 1 week before the commencement of the marking period.

Reaction score
no sweetheart....you see at the level of PLAB, the candidate is expected to know a lot more than at O-Levels. The Examiners are actually looking for different ways to think. Although the marking scheme dosent give all the possible answers, all possible answers are considered by the Examiners during the Pre-Marking Exxaminers Meeting held 1 week before the commencement of the marking period.

Hope so :) just have prayers now :)

Reaction score
argh. one mark gone for sure
no worries........who knows, maybe the examiner skips it.....you just have to be patient and wait for the results.
And of course pray ;)
And dont let a few mistakes affect the rest of your papers.

Reaction score
no worries........who knows, maybe the examiner skips it.....you just have to be patient and wait for the results.
And of course pray ;)
And dont let a few mistakes affect the rest of your papers.
thats the hardest part; to be patient and wait for the result. God knows how these 2 months will pass, thinking about the result day gives me creeps.
haha yea, won't let it affect my other papers what's done is done. stupid cie's.

Reaction score
thats the hardest part; to be patient and wait for the result. God knows how these 2 months will pass, thinking about the result day gives me creeps.
haha yea, won't let it affect my other papers what's done is done. stupid cie's.
CURSE YOU CAMBRIDGE, :p

Reaction score
Mutation has occured making the plants small. Environmental conditions also affect their appearance as the temperature is not appropriate for their growth and lack of sunlight making them small and fewer.
Wrote the same thing..... Dont know if they are right, coz most people have stated only environmental effects...

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think it was batch operating system. Bio technology is a possibility as well.
we were supposed 2 write the term of this process for that 'antibiotic' question....not the name of process. So as a result 'biotechnology' is the answer. Batch operation is the process name, not the term of this process.

Reaction score
My dad is a doctor (caridac surgeon) and he has books of PLAB, USMLE etc....I looked at one of them and the question was exactly the same, Only the last two parts had been modified, while the first part in the real PLAB paper asked for three organs, CIE asked for 2.
DID YOU SEE THE ANSWERS FOR THAT QUESTION IN PLAB ASKING FOR THREE ORGANS? (was one of the answers lungs?)