• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 PREDICTION

Reaction score
Salaam Alaykum,
For all of us who are going to sit the Biology Paper 22, For our benefits, do you guys have any ideas of what might or might not come up?

Reaction score
hey people bio paper 22 is on wednesday just a day is left!!!! please tell me any tips :( im freaked out here

Reaction score
Just revise everything!!! Don't leave anything behind !
Grasp all the courage u can and study all the complex processes esp :
-Active loading of sucrose into sieve tube element
-Initiating heart beat by the contracting of the SAN and how the wave of excitation spreads over the arterial walls to ventricles
-Nitrogen cycle
-Atherosclerosis
-Endocytosis
-Translation ,DNA replication and transcription

We have to revise evrything koz in biology there is almost no trend in the past examination questions!!And there are always new questions which crop up
:(

Reaction score
-Initiating heart beat by the contracting of the SAN and how the wave of excitation spreads over the arterial walls to ventricles
-Nitrogen cycle
-Atherosclerosis
-Endocytosis

We have to revise evrything koz in biology there is almost no trend in the past examination questions!!And there are always new questions which crop up
thank u so much!! :D what about the past papers ?? which is more important to focus on??? cuz revizing takes a lot of time u know

Reaction score
thank u so much!! :D what about the past papers ?? which is more important to focus on??? cuz revizing takes a lot of time u know
Do past papers from 2008 to 2012. suppose you are starting with june 2012. the firs ques is on cell membrane, before doing it revise cell membrane then try doing it without looking at your notes. the scond ques is on immunity, revise immunity before doing the questions and repeat this with all other questions.

Reaction score
-Nitrogen cycle
-Atherosclerosis
-Endocytosis

so true!:(

Reaction score
Could anyone please explain Bohr's effect ?
When the concentration of carbondioxide increases then the the following reaction happens , carbonic anhydrase the enzyme present in the red blood cells forms carbonic acid on a reaction with water, which dissociates forming hydrogen carbonate and hydrogen ions. hydrogen carbonate leaves the RBC and becomes the main source of Co2 and hydrogen ions react with haemoglobin forming haemoglobinic acid which releases oxygen.! so in conclusion when the partial pressure of carbondioxide increases this decrease the affinity of haemoglobin to oxygen and makes it release oxygen!
When Haemoglobin reacts with the hydrogen ions , it acts as a buffer as if the hydrogen ions remain in blood they would decrease the pH of the blood. so it maintains the pH of the blood

Reaction score
When the concentration of carbondioxide increases then the the following reaction happens , carbonic anhydrase the enzyme present in the red blood cells carbonic acid , which dissociates forming hydrogen carbonate and hydrogen ions. hydrogen carbonate leaves the RBC and becomes the main source of Co2 and hydrogen ions react with haemoglobin forming haemoglobinic acid which releases oxygen.! so in conclusion when the partial pressure of carbondioxide increases this decrease the affinity of haemoglobin to oxygen and makes it release oxygen!
When Haemoglobin reacts with the hydrogen ions , it acts as a buffer as if the hydrogen ions remain in blood they would decrease the pH of the blood. so it maintains the pH of the blood
Thank youu :)

Reaction score

I tried revising past papers . It took me 1hr for each paper . There's 35 papers to work out meaning more than a day .we don't have more than a day . so i opted for revising what i don't know . We don't have time :( Sniff

Reaction score
I tried revising past papers . It took me 1hr for each paper . There's 35 papers to work out meaning more than a day .we don't have more than a day . so i opted for revising what i don't know . We don't have time :( Sniff
IKR!!!!! Omg I hope Allah will help us isA....i just did the oct/nov 2011 nd il revize now then if i have time i will do may/june 2012... I think Revision is way more important cuz questions are never repeated anyway