• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 3..help?

Reaction score
so i hope i am not spamming because i know it is annoying..

well as you all know bio is just 2 days away..and i ,a really lazy stupid careless student, didn't study bio for ages..so i don't know which source to rely on on studying in these two days..my teacher's notes or a book a friend gave me, or something online.
my teacher's notes are okay but everyone is saying they r not very comprehensive and they don't recommend me studying from them
the book is made by someone called wahid wanis, i don't think most of u will it, it is an unofficial book made by a bio teacher but it is famous but i don't how reliable it is :S
and online, well i found random notes here and there but that wouldn't be enough at all
so i don't know what should i do...if you have any suggestions or sources that are downloadable that i can depend on..that would be very helpful
i was thinking i should study from this wahid wanis book and just use the syllubus as a guide? :S
thnx in advance for anyone who takes the time to read this ^___^
:)

btw i feel horrible that i am posting just to ask so i found this site that has a bio book, that looks good but i don't even know its igcse or not but here it is anyway...http://books.google.com/books?id=yC...esult&ct=result&resnum=10#v=onepage&q&f=false

here is another one: http://books.google.com/books?id=0j...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

and another one: http://books.google.com/books?id=9Z...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

i guess they r highly undependable..but i guess if u r looking for diagrams it could help ^__^

Reaction score
Hey,

Yeah bummer, i got the exam too in two days...anyways...hers what i did for studying it:

I used the syllabus as a guide (as u sed)
read thru all notes
read thru the books (we have IGCSE books by: D G MaCkean, Mary Jones and Collins) they are really good books, definations, diagrams, everything explained in detail
then i did past papers to test myself if i got sumthing wrong then i read that chapter again.

so yeah...hope this helps (just what an average student studies like)

BR,
Xenarra

Reaction score
same here narutogirl...dint touch bio fr ages..!!!!
i dnt noe frm where to strt..:(
i need help..!!!

Reaction score
Its best to try the latest "Mary Jones" book or the "DG.Machaen's" book...

these 2 books will help you to pass your bio exams....

RAY-D.org

Reaction score
and its also best to start from the "Cells" chapter then try the "Digestion" chapter then the "Excretion" chapter and then so on.................

Leave the "Reproduction" chapter and the "Classification" chapter for the last...

RAY-D.org

Reaction score
Hi I have the same situation as you, and I think the best thing to do is just like you said study from Wahid Wanis book ( i have the book btw) and use the syllabus as a guide also use another book like Mary jones one if you have it or another useful book for pictures and diagrams, this is what I am currently doing. Best of luck

Reaction score
what r d imp topics in Bio??? :%)
Pls help!!
I messed up in my p6. :oops:
Dont want 2 repeat d same mistake....
PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSE HELP!!!

Reaction score
ya..it is such a confusing thing and it is very troublesome
i was wondering does anyone have a softcopy of the biology book you use or the biology study guide :S

Reaction score
can we revise together if you guys want, where we say our doubts and answer each other..or is it better if it is a separate topic :/

Reaction score
hey narutogirl im studieng from the same wahid wanis book and its really really gud it explains everything and even has some past ppr questions explained, so i advice u to take a look at it :)

Reaction score
this is very creepy. i assume u live in riyadh, and it seems that ur in my school (except i'm a guy, and it isnt co-ed). this is cuz i was in the exact same position. EXACT. my older bro had wahid wanis's notes. my teacher's notes were absolute crap, and covered about 10% of the syllabus. and, to top it off, i later decided to write a set of notes and distributed it to my friends. it is attached. trust me, it is all u need. (unless of course u just so happen to be one of the friends i gave it to....)

so, yeah. thats all there is to it. wahid's notes are good btw, except they were made for o' levels, not IGCSEs

Reaction score
JiViFiDi said:
this is very creepy. i assume u live in riyadh, and it seems that ur in my school (except i'm a guy, and it isnt co-ed). this is cuz i was in the exact same position. EXACT. my older bro had wahid wanis's notes. my teacher's notes were absolute crap, and covered about 10% of the syllabus. and, to top it off, i later decided to write a set of notes and distributed it to my friends. it is attached. trust me, it is all u need. (unless of course u just so happen to be one of the friends i gave it to....)

so, yeah. thats all there is to it. wahid's notes are good btw, except they were made for o' levels, not IGCSEs

hii ^_^
i live in jeddah so i don't think u know me, lol :(
but i guess all teachers are crap nowadays..thank u very much for sharing ur notes, that was very helpful of u :Bravo:

Reaction score
Hey,

Whoa, narutogirl is from jeddah?? :/ so am i...nicee...doing ur exams at PISJ i suppose? kinda cool....wierd if we met...lol

BR,
Xenarra

Reaction score
JiViFiDi said:

Thanks alot man :), Im trying to get all possible useful notes and guides to get an A* in my biology exam.

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
Hey,

Whoa, narutogirl is from jeddah?? :/ so am i...nicee...doing ur exams at PISJ i suppose? kinda cool....wierd if we met...lol

BR,
Xenarra

hehe i actually am doing it at my school..i guess it would have been nice to do it at the PISJ

Reaction score
narutogirl said:
Xenarra said:
Hey,

BR,
Xenarra

hehe i actually am doing it at my school..i guess it would have been nice to do it at the PISJ

dang it! no biggie.

Reaction score
JiViFiDi said:

I can seriously not thank you enough for these notes.... this is exactly what I've been looking for :D :good: :Bravo:

Now to find a way to read the whole thing in a day and a half.... :cry:

You wouldn't happen to have something similar for other subjects would you?

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
narutogirl said:
Xenarra said:
Hey,

BR,
Xenarra

dang it! no biggie.

hehe..oh well.. :D

Reaction score
err just 1 thing..
about monocot n dicots
I think monocots have petals in groups of 3 and dicots have them in groups of 5
thats what my teacher said anyway!!!

Reaction score
I would recommend you get JiViFiDi's notes cuz they have all the stuff u need and no superfluous detail. Wahid Wanis's notes are actually quite good too. Also, if you can somehow manage to get ur hands on the Biology Study Guide, by all means, do it! It's AMAZING :D good luck on ur exam! :D