• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 3 prediction

Reaction score
So what were the topics?
And was it hard?
Nitrogen cycle, selective breeding,mircrovilli, question on mammals, experiments on tomato seedlings and tropism.

there were 6 questions only and all pretty easy.

but like I said, all application more or less.
That was variant 2

Reaction score
I could't do it well on paper 3 today :( Anyway , I try my best :DDD Thanks for the note again :pP
PeaceYou :D

Reaction score
WAS THERE ANYTHING SPECIALo_O
Nothing out of the ordinary.
Just this question on tomatoes regarding phototropism and BLUE light. on how the seedling of the plant shows positive phototropism for blue light as well. We had to figure it out from the graph.

It seemed tough, but it's just an application of our knowledge on what we learnt.
if the plant bends towards light then it probably needs it, same thing here with the tomato seedling.

Reaction score
Nothing out of the ordinary.
Just this question on tomatoes regarding phototropism and BLUE light. on how the seedling of the plant shows positive phototropism for blue light as well. We had to figure it out from the graph.

It seemed tough, but it's just an application of our knowledge on what we learnt.
if the plant bends towards light then it probably needs it, same thing here with the tomato seedling.
Which variant did u give ? How was it?

Reaction score
Dude barely any of your predictions came... there was no homeostasis or classification... or eye
There WAS mammal features in variant 2, which falls in classification.

I put the predictions for all variants. Read it again.

Reaction score
There WAS mammal features in variant 2, which falls in classification.

I put the predictions for all variants. Read it again.
We had the pregnancy and reproduction question so that was in there too
And u had nitrogen cycle my prediction I get the credit yeah?

Reaction score
I thought I'd see a trend in the years, but that applied for other subjects and paper 1.
but there are some topics from which questions do come from in different applied ways, or simple questions. Here's what you can expect in your BIOLOGY 0610 paper 3 (note: i didn't specify a variant intentionally) :

• Genetics question with tables and punnet squares which we have to fill up from given informations on parent genotypes
  • Homeostasis questions. Expect definitions and dialysis applied questions
  • Classification question. You may see photos of similar animals or animals of the same genus but different species and you may be asked to identify certain features. May include binomial naming system question
  • Biotechnology: manufacturing enzymes from bacteria/fungi/industrial fermenter. How it's done, or what is the food for these microbes? Sewage treatment is rare but may appear too.
  • Nervous system or Eye question: a reflex arc question is highly possible and may include labelling of eye. Read rods and cones functions well and accommodation.
  • Plant growth in agriculture: how plants are given optimum conditions (nutrients), adv and disadv of fertilisers. Xylem and phloem functions in tables
  • Ecosystem: FOOD WEBS must be there in any variant, and may include possible changes in populations of animals due to other external changes (changes in population of prey / predator), Cycles (carbon, nitrogen)
  • reproduction: will include more ,female reproduction and hormones involved (FSH,LH,Oestrogen,Progesterone,Testosterone) and how they play a part. Also, pregnancy questions on placenta may be there.

Expect simple experiments with graphs as well, and it may also include describing a given graph.

Hope this helps and ask any questions regarding the listed topics if you do not understand them, here.

Prediction results! (for variant 2)
  • Genetics question- None
  • Homeostasis questions- None
  • Classification question- Check!
  • Biotechnology- None
  • Nervous system or Eye question: None
  • Plant growth in agriculture - Check
  • Ecosystem- Check
  • Reproduction- Check
4/8 Correct :pBut I don't know about the other variants, so I guess I was close.

I thought I'd see a trend in the years, but that applied for other subjects and paper 1.
but there are some topics from which questions do come from in different applied ways, or simple questions. Here's what you can expect in your BIOLOGY 0610 paper 3 (note: i didn't specify a variant intentionally) :

• Genetics question with tables and punnet squares which we have to fill up from given informations on parent genotypes
  • Homeostasis questions. Expect definitions and dialysis applied questions
  • Classification question. You may see photos of similar animals or animals of the same genus but different species and you may be asked to identify certain features. May include binomial naming system question
  • Biotechnology: manufacturing enzymes from bacteria/fungi/industrial fermenter. How it's done, or what is the food for these microbes? Sewage treatment is rare but may appear too.
  • Nervous system or Eye question: a reflex arc question is highly possible and may include labelling of eye. Read rods and cones functions well and accommodation.
  • Plant growth in agriculture: how plants are given optimum conditions (nutrients), adv and disadv of fertilisers. Xylem and phloem functions in tables
  • Ecosystem: FOOD WEBS must be there in any variant, and may include possible changes in populations of animals due to other external changes (changes in population of prey / predator), Cycles (carbon, nitrogen)
  • reproduction: will include more ,female reproduction and hormones involved (FSH,LH,Oestrogen,Progesterone,Testosterone) and how they play a part. Also, pregnancy questions on placenta may be there.

Expect simple experiments with graphs as well, and it may also include describing a given graph.

Hope this helps and ask any questions regarding the listed topics if you do not understand them, here.

Prediction results! (for variant 2)
  • Genetics question- None
  • Homeostasis questions- None
  • Classification question- Check!
  • Biotechnology- None
  • Nervous system or Eye question: None
  • Plant growth in agriculture - Check
  • Ecosystem- Check
  • Reproduction- Check
4/8 Correct :pBut I don't know about the other variants, so I guess I was close.

for varient 31:
genetics : yes
homeostasis:yes
classification:also yes
boitechnology:no
nervous thingy : no
plant growth : again yes
ecosystem : yes
reproduction: afcourse yesss

u said almost right i saw this post before exam but did not paid tht much concentration . { unlucky me }} by da way i did da paper all silly mistake it waz easyy

Reaction score
We had the pregnancy and reproduction question so that was in there too
And u had nitrogen cycle my prediction I get the credit yeah?
All credit to you technically, cause you got me interested in posting predictions.

u said almost right i saw this post before exam but did not paid tht much concentration . { unlucky me }} by da way i did da paper all silly mistake it waz easyy

its okay man, i'll probably post a few more, keep an eye out then okay?
see you around.

I should get a medalfor this!!

Reaction score
All credit to you technically, cause you got me interested in posting predictions
its okay man, i'll probably post a few more, keep an eye out then okay?
see you around.
I should get a medalfor this!!

Oh Gee thanks no no u shud keep sum credit CIE spy
So u not lending me the crystal ball
No wunder u know everything ur From The Future