• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 32

Reaction score
In the self-pollination question, they should have elaborated what evolution means because a lot of students in our class didn't know what it meant...
The fluoride question had many non-sense questions, the examiner just wanted to finish writing the exam ASAP and even marks weren't distributed evenly :S

Reaction score
The FIRST question was about Food Webs and Ecology.

For the Uses of Energy, I have written:

1. Maintaining a constant body temperature
2. Working of muscles (contraction) for movement.
3. Digestion, to break down larger molecule to smaller ones.

For FSH:

1. It develops and stimulates the growth of Corpus Leutem (idk if that's how it's spelled)
2. It helps in maturing the ova inside it and the yellow body is formed.
3. It stimulates the follicle and it bursts, releasing the Ova/egg from the yellow body for fertilisation.

Kokeeto said:
In the self-pollination question, they should have elaborated what evolution means because a lot of students in our class didn't know what it meant...
The fluoride question had many non-sense questions, the examiner just wanted to finish writing the exam ASAP and even marks weren't distributed evenly :S

For self pollination, even I was confused by the meaning of evolution, so I wrote about not giving a rise to variation in order to be able to adapt to all sorts of environment.
I elaborated on that, but dunno if it's correct for sure.

And yes, the Fluoride question was a pain!!! It was full of nonsense, and I couldn't recall most of the stuff I learned about it because those graphs made me nervous.
Especially for giving advantages and disadvantages. I wrote stuff like,
1. People wouldn't have choice in the matter if fluoride is added to their drinking water.
2. Some People may be allergic to fluoride or may have side effects.
3. Fluoride helps prevent the decay of teeth by providing minerals.

Reaction score
I wrote that there is no variation, and if there is disease, it will be passed on, and be extinct, and all will be in same place, and if the environment is good, they will adapt to it, and grow better and increase in number, and there is less sashays of pollen and it's faster so there are less chances of extinction, and new trait cannot be formed, and blah blah blah :p

Reaction score
Re: Biology paper 32!!

I don think FSH helps in menstruation the lining jus starts to break down when the level of progesterone drops :)

Reaction score
In describing graphs, I just looked on the graphs and wrote what I see, haha.
Anyways, the examiners like to see the words steeply, slightly, constant, and like that, and I used them!
The last part in the fluoride question was so non-sense, I had three minutes left, and I just wrote anything in it, I wonder if what I wrote is correct or not...

Reaction score

medevil said:
I don think FSH helps in menstruation the lining jus starts to break down when the level of progesterone drops :)

Yes, but we're talking about the the Graafian Follicle, not the uterus lining.

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
In describing graphs, I just looked on the graphs and wrote what I see, haha.
Anyways, the examiners like to see the words steeply, slightly, constant, and like that, and I used them!
The last part in the fluoride question was so non-sense, I had three minutes left, and I just wrote anything in it, I wonder if what I wrote is correct or not...

Yeah, I did that too. lol

Reaction score

Rashu712 said:
medevil said:

Yes, but we're talking about the the Graafian Follicle, not the uterus lining.
Yes it helps
Go check your book.

Hey medevil I think I know you
Are you living in UAE, Abu Dhabi

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
I wonder why the third-variant students never appear on XPF o.o

From my observation it seems that most members here are from South Asian countries and Middle Eastern countries.

Maybe it's a region thing.

Reaction score
Even me I think those who are in Europe who do the third varient

Rashu are you Indian!!!!!

Reaction score
Keeemoman said:
Even me I think those who are in Europe who do the third varient

Rashu are you Indian!!!!!

No, I'm a Bangladeshi, residing in Fujairah, UAE. :p

Reaction score
Guys is it correct for my FSH?
1) Stimulates the follicle
2) Help in the production of eggs
3) Stimulates release of oestrogen

What did you guys write for the increase in sugar consumption, there was 4 points !

What did you guys say for the 4th trophic level?

How do they mark graphs?