• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*Biology Paper 5 tips*

Reaction score
Sis can u help me with http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w08_qp_5.pdf
no 1b?? i'm not getting wht's written in the markscheme... Thankyou

If I'm not wrong, then b(i) would be: as the concentration of antibiotic decreases, the area of inhibition decreases...
and b(ii) would be:
  • Anamoulous:
  1. None of the readings are fitting the general trend
  2. Species Z is too high
  • Not anamoulous
  1. Species X has no pattern in the trend
  2. At 0.0 g/dm3, the inhibition of Species Y may still be increasing..
Sister..what don't you get? Can you please be precise? I feel i ddnt answer your question very appropriately...

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, then b(i) would be: as the concentration of antibiotic decreases, the area of inhibition decreases...
and b(ii) would be:
  • Anamoulous:
  1. None of the readings are fitting the general trend
  2. Species Z is too high
  • Not anamoulous
  1. Species X has no pattern in the trend
  2. At 0.0 g/dm3, the inhibition of Species Y may still be increasing..
Sister..what don't you get? Can you please be precise? I feel i ddnt answer your question very appropriately...
this part:
ref. to one experimental error to do with use of cultures or antibiotic
(concentrations);

Reaction score
this part:
ref. to one experimental error to do with use of cultures or antibiotic
(concentrations);

look at the column beside it; it says "allow errors due to contamination"
so you can say that the petri dishes might have been contaminated..a sterility factor (i suggest you make note of this; i just did:p)

Reaction score
So basically which are the practicals that are in the syllabus for paper 5? All those 30 practicals from AS and the other 28 from A2?

Reaction score
So basically which are the practicals that are in the syllabus for paper 5? All those 30 practicals from AS and the other 28 from A2?

There's nothing we can categorize as being in our syllabus really..because, if u haven't noticed, literally none of the questions are repeated. So to get the hang of it, i think we'll just have to practice p5's over and over again...don't you think?

Reaction score
Knowitall10 ....thank you for the link ..i guess most of the notes are of core part (paper 4) only for biology there are paper 5 tips ..but i couldnt find anything for physics paper 5 yet

Reaction score
None of the questions are repeated but they still take all the experiments from the syllabus.

yeah they do, bt again, we need to know the technique...and wait..what experiments are in our syll? I ddnt know there were any....isn't it just the statistical analysis that's in our book?

Reaction score
Knowitall10 ....thank you for the link ..i guess most of the notes are of core part (paper 4) only for biology there are paper 5 tips ..but i couldnt find anything for physics paper 5 yet

Oh....sorry Sister....I think u should post it on the Physics thread or something....