• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 (ATP) discussion

Reaction score
I have a question.. If I get the diagram wrong does that mean I won't get any marks for the magnification?
And some of the teachers are telling that for the third test tube the colour change would be RED not Purple though I disagree on this .
And Yeah about that graph. What was the missing reading and how was it? Was it a line or a curve?

Reaction score
jazzangel16 said:
I have a question.. If I get the diagram wrong does that mean I won't get any marks for the magnification?
And some of the teachers are telling that for the third test tube the colour change would be RED not Purple though I disagree on this .
And Yeah about that graph. What was the missing reading and how was it? Was it a line or a curve?

N0!
i am pretty sure on that colour would change purple :)
CO2 cocentration is reducing which means the sample is becoming less acidic to such an extent that the colour would chnage purple
these type of questions have came in many times in paper 1 !

the missing reading on the table was "7"

Reaction score
member said:
member said:
paper went good few doubts in my mind please clarify them

Q.1
-what type of lines were to be drawn on the graph (zigzag , best fit , wavy curves)
- arrows for Co2 was suppose to enter from stomata and then go where ? in plaside mesophyll tissues?

Respond on this

Water vapours
the arrows were suppose to leave from xylem (1 mark)
moving across spongy mesophyll and leaving the leaf from stomata (1.5 marks)

carbondioxide
to enter from stomata ( 1 mark )
move across spongy mesophyll and then go into palaside mesophyll (1.5 marks)

Reason : plaside mesophyll contains large number of chloroplast where photosynthsis take place :)

MAKING THIS QUESTION TOTAL OF 5 MARKS

Reaction score
I thought that a decrease in carbon dioxide will lead to an acidic solution and an increase in co2 will lead to an alkaline solution...Is it good ????????

Reaction score
Heshna said:
I thought that a decrease in carbon dioxide will lead to an acidic solution and an increase in co2 will lead to an alkaline solution...Is it good ????????

that in correct :(

Co2 is acidic oxide , which moderately dissolves in water to produce acidic solotion :)
acidic solution would change the colour yelow :)

Reaction score
Prince III said:
jazzangel16 said:
The missing reading was 23....In potometer we have to find the difference...The last reading was 30 so it hould have been 30-7=23.....What was to be drawn in Q2 ???I drew the whole seed and calculated the magnification of the whole seed....Will I get mars???

Reaction score
Hassan Javed said:
Prince III said:
jazzangel16 said:
The missing reading was 23....In potometer we have to find the difference...The last reading was 30 so it hould have been 30-7=23.....What was to be drawn in Q2 ???I drew the whole seed and calculated the magnification of the whole seed....Will I get mars???

the missing reading was 7...
u should have read directly from the diagram given(scale on capillary tube)

Reaction score
hi ,
@pals 1010: hey sis i think u were right about the part tht we should have drawn only the middle part of the seed... coz i think it was said tht we should draw only the germinating part...

wasnt the missing reading ''7'' like prince said???

and i got those colour changes : red yellow purple red ... are they correct??
thnxs.. :D

Reaction score
Hey lil sis,

I hope you re right about the germinating part.

And yeah the missing reading was 7 indeed and the colour changes are correct.

Great looks like we aced the paper!

:D See ya tomorrow

Reaction score
Uh, actually we were supposed to draw the seedling including the radicle and plumule and show where the stem and roots will grow with the rest of the labellings. I have actually drawn the full image but included all the necessary parts, so i guess I won't be penalized much. Well, let's just hope now. :)

and for the missing value for the graph (no 1), i put '7.5' there. Duh! I hope there is a range for this.

Reaction score
Prince III said:
member said:
member said:
paper went good few doubts in my mind please clarify them

Q.1
-what type of lines were to be drawn on the graph (zigzag , best fit , wavy curves)
- arrows for Co2 was suppose to enter from stomata and then go where ? in plaside mesophyll tissues?

Respond on this

Water vapours
the arrows were suppose to leave from xylem (1 mark)
moving across spongy mesophyll and leaving the leaf from stomata (1.5 marks)

carbondioxide
to enter from stomata ( 1 mark )
move across spongy mesophyll and then go into palisade mesophyll (1.5 marks)

Reason : palisade mesophyll contains large number of chloroplast where photosynthesis take place :)

MAKING THIS QUESTION TOTAL OF 5 MARKS

I did it right. In this question, the physical processes were also to be mentioned. By 'physical processes', are they trying to imply 'osmosis, 'diffusion'..? :S That's what i wrote next to the labellings; xylem, spongy mesophyll, palisade mesophyll and stomata (in short note form). :S

Reaction score
Prince III said:
karthik said:
Prince III said:
hello everybody !
paper discussion would be done over here , but after some hours :)
hope to have a nice disscussion :)

i am not asking a question i jst want to know that my color changes were wrong in tabel ... so will all other marrks be gone or only the mark for tabel plssssssss help and answer fast

only the marks for table would be deducted !
but if you have not understand properly that how and what colours were changing then how could you properly explain the chnages in other parts of the question so eventually marks would be deducted !

by the way the colour changes were as below

RED YELLOW PURPLE RED

No i dint know know co2 was an acid.... so any way my explanantion was any way right

Reaction score
Prince III said:
jazzangel16 said:

N0!
i am pretty sure on that colour would change purple :)
CO2 cocentration is reducing which means the sample is becoming less acidic to such an extent that the colour would chnage purple
these type of questions have came in many times in paper 1 !

Thats greattt :D.. though i would lose marks for the magnification!

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Guys the paper didn't ask to write the missing number did it?

yes the very first question was about the missing reading in the table which was 7 i dont think there would be a wide range for this 7.5 - 6.5 in between of this would be accepted :)

Hassan Javed said:

sorry bro missing reading was directly "7"
and if you have labelled the diagram correctly the you might be given marks :)

pall love stars said:
hi ,
@pals 1010: hey sis i think u were right about the part tht we should have drawn only the middle part of the seed... coz i think it was said tht we should draw only the germinating part...

wasnt the missing reading ''7'' like prince said???

and i got those colour changes : red yellow purple red ... are they correct??
thnxs.. :D

yes i also drew the central part of the seed hopefully that is correct :)
your colours are correct and so is your missing reading

Shiki Misaki said:
I did it right. In this question, the physical processes were also to be mentioned. By 'physical processes', are they trying to imply 'osmosis, 'diffusion'..? :S That's what i wrote next to the labellings; xylem, spongy mesophyll, palisade mesophyll and stomata (in short note form). :S

we have to just label structures and give little details
spongy mesophyll with air spaces for rapid diffusion
palisade mesophyll containg large number of choloroplast for photosynthsis
xylem for conducting water
gaurd cells (not stomata) for opening and closing of stomata :)

this was 3 marks question and this much would be enough :)

Reaction score
elo..
what did u all label for the 2nd question?
plumule developing into stem(first shoot) and radicle developing into roots??
is that all? or did u label anything else???

Reaction score
Abhiyash said:
elo..
what did u all label for the 2nd question?
plumule developing into stem(first shoot) and radicle developing into roots??
is that all? or did u label anything else???

no this was enough :)

Reaction score
@Prince
I made the wrong drawing so will i get marks for the error carried forward???And yeah was wind one of the factor in the first question????