• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 6 need help :S i'm chocked

Reaction score
ok so i was solving past papers everything was fine....... until i came across october/2011 paper 61

the question has asked us to draw and label a feather we have never done that in school and i never so it before can someone help me???
Something similar happened to me during my mock exam ( I had to draw and label a shell) and because I had no idea what to do I just labeled what I saw on a simple drawing I made. Turns out that's all you relay have to do.
When doing your drawing make sure:
  • that the picture is larger than the photograph
  • you don't sketch the lines
  • put down at least three labels
  • Make the dawning proportionally accurate (if you have to draw a flower, don't make some of its petals look bigger unless that's how it looks in the photo.)
:)

Reaction score
Something similar happened to me during my mock exam ( I had to draw and label a shell) and because I had no idea what to do I just labeled what I saw on a simple drawing I made. Turns out that's all you relay have to do.
When doing your drawing make sure:
  • that the picture is larger than the photograph
  • you don't sketch the lines
  • put down at least three labels
    Right on dudettes
  • Make the dawning proportionally accurate (if you have to draw a flower, don't make some of its petals look bigger unless that's how it looks in the photo.)
:)

Reaction score
i completed 3 to 4 recent papers and am planing to read some tests for food etc from my book and then i will just have a look at all the practicals in my book, just a quick look not in too much detail as i have done the book many times before ;)

Reaction score
Guys, i was just looking at this :http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s11_qp_61.pdf
I don't get the first experiment. Could you please explain? I get the iodine test but then at b) I'm lost.
look it is fairly simple when u use the iodine test u hav a blue colour. And then they dipped the discs that were soaked in amylase into the solution so the amylase convert the sugar and now u will find a paler blue or white colour as the starch is digested to form glucose. Hope that helps ask if any more doubts :)