• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology/Physics ATP Preparation Thread

Reaction score
uberleet said:
Hey guyz,can you please guide me how I should prepare for ATP of bio and physics?Should I read the whole text book again or just go over the notes and focus on some important topics?And could you please tell me which topics I should focus on?

thnx
Do all the ATP past papers and you are fine ! :)

Reaction score
Time for a Physics ATP question !
This one is very easy :)
A metal block,A, of mass 100g has a density of 40g/cm3. Describe an experiment to show that another block,B,of mass 80g, is made of the same metal as the block in A

Reaction score
Density=Mass/Volume
Ans= 32

Am I correct???
Use 2.5 volume of same metal to get same density. Only apply formula and your 90% question is solved.

Reaction score
RockStar15 said:
Density=Mass/Volume
Ans= 32

Am I correct???
Use 2.5 volume of same metal to get same density. Only apply formula and your 90% question is solved.
Actually you have to do the standard experiment to find the density for block B (water displacement)
Find the density of block B
Density=Mass(80)/Volume
If the density is 40 g/cm3 then both the blocks are made of similar material! :)
Hope you understood!

Reaction score
RockStar15 said:
PLz guide!!!
:)
How to calculate Half-Life of an atom or nucleus?
They won't ask half-life on an "atom" :p Rather they might ask find the half-life of the radioactive substance (this also is pretty rare since most ATP experiments are based on real world practicals and we don't do practicals on radioactivity since it is dangerous for the students and also some half-lives are either very long or very short)
Outline plan: Use GM tube and find the background radiation, place GM tube close to radioactive source and find the new count rate, actual count rate= count rate found before- background radiation count rate
Repeat every minute or so! And then plot the values for activity on a graph of count rate (y axis) vs time (x axis). From this you can easily find the half life!
:D

Reaction score
^^Exactly!
Take several count rate values and then observe the time taken for them to halve! Find the mean time taken for the count rate to halve from these values and that will be the half-life of the radioactive source. :)

Reaction score
RockStar15 said:
Thx buddy intel I think I was almost rite...:)
No problem mate ! :D I wish you all the best for the upcoming exams!
Feel free to ask more questions ! :)

Reaction score
RockStar15 said:
Hey intel which subjects are u appearing???
I appeared for English and I am appearing for English Literature, Biology,Physics,Chemistry ,Maths and Computing :)

Reaction score
As the temperature of thermistor increases its resistance decrease. A circuit with two resistors, one is permanent and the other being thermistor, are connected in a series circuit. this circuit is attached to a 6 V battery. A voltmeter is attached to the thermistor. A bulb is used to control the temperature. when the bulb is placed close to the circuit the temperature will increase and the resistance of the thermistor would decrease so the p.d across the voltmeter would also decrease. Several readings could be taken by placing the heat source away from the circuit.
precaution: After taking a reading the circuit mist be allowed to cool down to get precise reading and a digital voltmeter could be used to get a precise reading

Reaction score
Asad95Zaidi said:
As the temperature of thermistor increases its resistance decrease. A circuit with two resistors, one is permanent and the other being thermistor, are connected in a series circuit. this circuit is attached to a 6 V battery. A voltmeter is attached to the thermistor. A bulb is used to control the temperature. when the bulb is placed close to the circuit the temperature will increase and the resistance of the thermistor would decrease so the p.d across the voltmeter would also decrease. Several readings could be taken by placing the heat source away from the circuit.
precaution: After taking a reading the circuit mist be allowed to cool down to get precise reading and a digital voltmeter could be used to get a precise reading
This is in response to which question, exactly?

Reaction score
Intel, please the ATP teacher's notes for biology!!! Thanks :)

Reaction score
I want to know what instrument one can use to brush pollen grains from the stamen of a flower to a slide. Kindly help. JazakAllah!

Reaction score
abcde said:
I want to know what instrument one can use to brush pollen grains from the stamen of a flower to a slide. Kindly help. JazakAllah!

a tweezer, and yes , a feathery paint brush will do :D