• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology/Physics ATP Preparation Thread

Reaction score
hey if we r to plan and experiment on investigation of conc. of fertilizer on growth of plant wt kind of plant should we use?

Reaction score
Any plant except WATER PLANT. Because you just have to comment on their growth and leaf color. So GREEN PLANTS to be specific :)

Reaction score
hey telll me whch papers did u prepare..?
n do u no ths year the stress is on food n plant test...... my sis will confirm it n i lll let u no here..

Reaction score
@sksuriza. I havent done past papers till now. I am studying for other subjects. And btw, your sister will confirm from where ??

Reaction score
@ saud aslam hey u want whole questin???

@karachi rocker: i asked her to inquire abt as practical...... hey usually use sme chap!!

Reaction score
@saud aslam
here u have to concentrate on ur knowledge abt heredity
n genetics....

here 1st u have to get a variety of seeds ie of different sizes....
grown from the same plant.....keep in notice tht all the other conditions should be kept constant to make a comparison....ie plants whose seed r taken should be grown at sme temp n soil concentaration.
but only one should be changed at a time ie u can change any 2 factors u like

once u have collected the seed u can compare them easily.,.....
u should record their sizes in tabular form n graph form.,.....
once u have achieved it u will notice that all the seed have lengths in the same range regardless of tall or small parents........

does it help or should i approach in a different way?

Reaction score
well... she says tht it ws urine test n plan diagram of a plant cell... so i m guessing......

tht the struture of a root or leaf is inportant in aspect of labelling....
n ya tht glucose oxidase n per oxidase may come!!!!

its just a guess....1>!!

Reaction score
Urine Test ??? What do we have to do by taking a sample of urine ?? Reducing sugar... ?? To check out whether a person is diabetic or not ??
Oh labeling. I will revise that.
Glucose Oxidase ? Whats that ?

Reaction score
marking scheme says variation which single genotype.This could only be achieved due to environment,which are to prove wrong

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/index.php?dir=Cambridge%20O%20Levels/5090%20-%20Biology/&file=5090_w09_qp_6.pdf
Q3b,can any one help me.
I did not understand even from markingscheme
Same number of shorter bean seeds and larger bean seeds are sown in a field with equal spacing. The soil is prepared by ploughing, adding water, and adding fertilizers in a uniform way before sowing. All other conditions such as light intensity, temperature and water supply at specific intervals are kept constant. When the plants develop seeds, the same number of seeds are collected as a sample and their length is measured. A table for the lengths of both shorter and longer bean seeds is made. The mean length of the seeds initially obtained from the shorter bean seeds will be less as compared to the ones obtained from larger bean seeds. For greater accuracy, the experiment should be repeated several times and the average lengths found out. This shows that "shorter bean seeds" is an inherited trait controlled by specific genes.
Hope this helped. :)

Reaction score
Yes but I added some other points, too. It was just for SAUD' s clarification.