• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology/Physics ATP Preparation Thread

Reaction score
Let me post a guess paper of my own :D
3 topics
1.Plants and Mineral ions
2.Blood /Blood Vessels
3.Ecology

Reaction score
tell about the movement of gases in a leaf during the day and tell when does it reach its compensation point? how can u tell tht compensation point has reached?

Reaction score
Oxygen gas goes out of the stomata while carbon dioxide enters into the leaf cell from stomata by DIFFUSION.

Reaction score
sksuriza said:
tell about the movement of gases in a leaf during the day and tell when does it reach its compensation point? how can u tell tht compensation point has reached?
During the day, there are 3 gaseous exchanges you have to describe.
1.Carbon dioxide diffuses INTO the leaves through the STOMATA for use in photosynthesis
2.Oxygen diffuses out of the leaves through the stomata (oxygen is a by-product of photosynthesis)
3.Water vapour diffuses out of leaf during transpiration (again through stomata)

Compensation point is reached during the early morning(dawn) when the sun begins to rise as well as during the evening when the sun begins to set.
The rate of photosynthesis and the rate of respiration in the leaves is the same when a compensation point is reached.During this time there is NO NET GASEOUS EXCHANGE(Carbon dioxide and Oxygen) into or out of leaves since the rate of photosynthesis and respiration is the same :)

Reaction score
KarachiRocker said:
Intel, post some questions on Plants and Ecology and Blood aswell :p HAHAHA.
:D Sure mate !
But as I know, these topics are usually about drawing bar graphs,drawing cells etc
Here is a good one :)
Two parents have different blood groups. Describe how their young can have a different blood group to either parent and give the % chance of this happening

Reaction score
KarachiRocker said:
But Intel, Water Vapour aint a GAS. So how can you include that in MOVEMENT OF GASES ?
Water vapour is indeed a gas :) We don't see liquid water diffusing out of leaves during transpiration do we? :D The word "vapour" signifies the gaseous form, Water itself is not the correct answer.
hope you understood!

Reaction score
both the parents should be heterozygote for the blood trait... ie heterozygote an heterozygote b.....
both have a o blood allele.... if this is passed down their child will have blood group o

there is a 50% chance for it

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
Anyone?

Last part of this paper... Draw on the FIGURE and post the image back...PAPER

i cant write on image but in 1st it will be rectangle... n 2nd it will be an inverted triangle

Reaction score
Ok. The parents have Heterozygous Blood Groups. One has I(AO) while other has I(BO).

Phenotypes Blood Group A Blood Group B.
Genotypes AO BO
Gametes A and O B and O

Random fertilisation occurs.

Genotypes AB AO BO and OO.
Phenotype Blood AB, Blood A, Blood B, and Blood O.

% = 50%.
Right ?

Reaction score
sksuriza said:
i cant write on image but in 1st it will be rectangle... n 2nd it will be an inverted triangle

THanks... :) I know that... But if someone can draw it on the DIAGRAM... It will make it more clear...

Reaction score
Jinkglex said:
how do we make sure the force applied is the same in that experiment??

drop the pecil from same height..they should have same mass...

for accuracy form a stand with 2 sticks and a rubberband and push wd same force ie put some duster on it

Reaction score
KarachiRocker said:
Ok. The parents have Heterozygous Blood Groups. One has I(AO) while other has I(BO).

Phenotypes Blood Group A Blood Group B.
Genotypes AO BO
Gametes A and O B and O

Random fertilisation occurs.

Genotypes AB AO BO and OO.
Phenotype Blood AB, Blood A, Blood B, and Blood O.

% = 50%.
Right ?
Correct !
sksuriza you are correct too but you have to show the test-cross :p