• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PRACTICAL 34 OCT/NOV

Reaction score
Well a fruit juice placed in a visking or dialysis tube ?
this fruit juice contain starch reducing sugar nonreducing sugar and protein.
we all know that reducing sugar can move out of the dialysis tube
protein and starch are too big to pass

but what about the NON-REDUCING SUGAR such as sucrose, maltose ..etc ??

Reaction score
Dialysis Tubing is a type of semi or partially permeable membrane tubing It is used for diffusion. It allows the passage of small molecules but not larger ones,as non reducing sugars molecules cannot escape as they are too big to do so..

Reaction score
Do you guys know the guess paper?! :O
Okay, umm do you people have some important points regarding the practical that we should know? Anything new you found out or sth =p
ANDD when using the stage micrometer, do we view it through high power (x40) or low power (x10)?? Thanksss :)

Reaction score
I just know that there is a dialysis tube or visking tube
fruit juice
reagents for protein starch reducing sugar and nonreducing sugar tests

and the microscope well they tell you if they want it high power or low i guess :D

Reaction score
I just know that there is a dialysis tube or visking tube
fruit juice
reagents for protein starch reducing sugar and nonreducing sugar tests

and the microscope well they tell you if they want it high power or low i guess :D

what you mean by Fruit juice

Reaction score
Well a fruit juice placed in a visking or dialysis tube ?
this fruit juice contain starch reducing sugar nonreducing sugar and protein.
we all know that reducing sugar can move out of the dialysis tube
protein and starch are too big to pass

but what about the NON-REDUCING SUGAR such as sucrose, maltose ..etc ??

what about the slide ? do u have any idea

Reaction score
What exactly is this difference between Endothelium and Epithelium?
And umm I dont think slides ka pata chalta hai. They arrive on the day of the exam, or so I've heard.

Reaction score
Serial dilution is type of dilution where everytime you take from the previous container ..
say eg. you started with 3% sucrose solution and you want to serial dilute it by half .. and total volume should be 20 cm^3.
so starting from the 3% solution , we take 10 cm^3 of this solution and add 10 cm^3 of water to other container > label 1 to give 3/2 =1.5% ( since half )
then we take 10cm^3 of container 1 and add again 10 cm^3 of water to container 2 to give 1.5/2 = 0.75% ( since half )
again we take 10cm^3 of container 2 ( one with 0.75% ) and add again 10 cm^3 of water to container 3 to give 0.75/2 = 0.375%
and so on ...
make at least 5 comcentrations like this ...
Hope this helps ;) Atiqa asl KARLOTTAMAN

Reaction score
Serial dilution is type of dilution where everytime you take from the previous container ..
say eg. you started with 3% sucrose solution and you want to serial dilute it by half .. and total volume should be 20 cm^3.
so starting from the 3% solution , we take 10 cm^3 of this solution and add 10 cm^3 of water to other container > label 1 to give 3/2 =1.5% ( since half )
then we take 10cm^3 of container 1 and add again 10 cm^3 of water to container 2 to give 1.5/2 = 0.75% ( since half )
again we take 10cm^3 of container 2 ( one with 0.75% ) and add again 10 cm^3 of water to container 3 to give 0.75/2 = 0.375%
and so on ...
make at least 5 comcentrations like this ...
Hope this helps ;) Atiqa asl KARLOTTAMAN

also do we hav to add water or only solution to next container i know its a stupid question we add solution like using a syringe rigth anyway do we hav to like add water and solution how help me

Reaction score
also do we hav to add water or only solution to next container i know its a stupid question we add solution like using a syringe rigth anyway do we hav to like add water and solution how help me
oh ok now i remeber we take water 10cm3 and a solution eg s1 nd we add ok i got this then wat happens after this wer adding water always 10cm3 and half solution each time ok but wat r we testing for what happens like next plz reply im dyin here we did this in lab as far as i reme but it was so before summer i forgiot now anyway plz reply asap tanx

Reaction score
k lets say eg 0.0625 whioch is i got half the 1percent solutioon how can we pour 0.0625 on the small beakers to test for effect on amylase using a syring plz reply nd can u help me with

Reaction score
may june 2007 plz help i need this lead nitrate solution

Attachments

• 9701_w07_qp_31.pdf
    339.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score

add them both at the same time as described