• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Practical 34 this Tuesday! Scared any tips/help?

Reaction score
whts comng in bio p33 plz do share as i m not good at practicals
plz do share ...........
GOD help those who help others

Im sure you're aiming for an A, but if a b's cool with you then i should let you know that I got a B in biology. When I looked at my components separately I had a B in both mcq's and structured questions and an E ( yes an E ) in my practical but I did end up with a B overall. And honestly my practical didn't even go that bad at all?! I think it's best to go over past papers because they gave you more practise with reading/what to expect. As well as learn to quickly draw tables etc will also help I'm saving time. Other then that I hope you guys have been through slides so you know hoe to draw them. I'll post some stuff for the practical I have. I'm not sure if someone's already posted them on this thread but either way I hope it helps anyone, even one of you

Reaction score
I also need help with how to calculate serial dilution ...
Anyone ?
c1xv1=c2xv2
where c1 is the concentration given and c2 is the concentration to be made. v1 is the volume to be taken of the material for serial dilution and v2 is the volume that must be kept constant. Then add distilled water in the v1 to make its volume equal to v2.
MYLORD do you know anything whats coming in the practical? Anything about the confidential instructions?

Reaction score
c1xv1=c2xv2
where c1 is the concentration given and c2 is the concentration to be made. v1 is the volume to be taken of the material for serial dilution and v2 is the volume that must be kept constant. Then add distilled water in the v1 to make its volume equal to v2.
MYLORD do you know anything whats coming in the practical? Anything about the confidential instructions?
Jazakallah Brother.
I seriously dont know.
my teacher is also not saying anything.
Just refer M/J/10 VARIANT-35. question 1.
i think its osmosis related.
Just confirm with other people. I dont wanna mislead u.

Reaction score
c1xv1=c2xv2
can u help me this question the one i told u of ?
i wanna get a solved example.

Reaction score
Jazakallah Brother.
I seriously dont know.
my teacher is also not saying anything.
Just refer M/J/10 VARIANT-35. question 1.
i think its osmosis related.
Just confirm with other people. I dont wanna mislead u.
Please ask your teacher about the Confidential instructions and tell us about it. We will be very thankful to you :)
Look how many people are waiting for it -- --- https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/october-november-paper-33-biology-4th-nov-2014.35750/

Reaction score
can u help me this question the one i told u of ?
i wanna get a solved example.
Yeah sure :)
Page 3 ,O/N 11 varient 31. here initial concentration(c1) is .1% and total volume (v2) that must be kept constant is 20.o cm3. The question asked us to reduce conc. by half (last line page 2)
so c2 will be .1/2 = .05%.... Now v1 ( volume of .1% needed ) is calculated by v1=v2c2/c1..
so v1 ,for the second beaker, is 10.o cm3.
We must keep same volume in each beaker so add 10.0 cm3 of distilled water, W to make the solution upto 20.0 cm3. I hope it helps :)