• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology thoery & mcq discussion

Reaction score
muzzamil said:
Ya just lyk i wrote abuv....plx tell abt wat u wrote for commercial use???

i wrote bout large potatoes n obtaining genetically identical potatoes with desirable quality in a shorter time n gaining more profit
i forgot to mention the word tuber :( how bout u ?

Reaction score
Famous4it said:
Hold on, I'm getting terribly confused... What was the question before the heat used by the seeds one. What was the three Mark one? I can't remember for the life of me!

And wasn't it six herbivories....

i wrote 5 herbivores.

n the first part of the question was : how is the plant in soil used to release energy ? (or sumthing like dat) [ 3 marks ]
and second part : how is the energy released useful to seeds in soil ? [ 2 marks ]

Reaction score
Hey guyz i wrote that that energy is used by seed fr growth and dat the cholorophyll in them can covert it to chemical and use fr photo once some of the leaves have started growing waz i write plzzzz telll plzzzzzzzzz....:(((

Reaction score
@ghalya what answer did you chose for the MCQS regarding "chewing", and another one regarding water level in two tubes?

Reaction score
Thanks unfortunateddiva. Phew, I was afraid I had missed out a question.

Sorry monybob, that doesn't sound right to me. Chlorophyll can only trap light energy, and it's only formed once the seedling has absorbed magnesium ions.

I did chewing increases are and lubricates, not soluble. The tubes I think I did one is higher than 2 , because co2 produced in two isn't absorbed and pushes down the liquid.

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
@ghalya what answer did you chose for the MCQS regarding "chewing", and another one regarding water level in two tubes?
@izzahzainab
i wrote same as famous4it..! :)

Reaction score
well, the right answer for "chewing" one was that it increases area, makes soluble but doesnt lubricate, i checked the answer from Mary Jones :(. i got it wrong too

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
well you see, EVERYTHING is decomposed by bacteria except for plastics :p!!! and bacteria are in, out, everywhere in the soil. so when plant dies, they decompose it, use just a lil bit of energy and release the rest as heat. this heat helps the seeds which are dormant, to germinate. seeds donot need anything other than water, temperature and oxygen.
yeah this was my point......

Reaction score
damn it, i wrote that energy is passed onto the soil in the form of food stores for seeds and its useful cuz the seeds need it to survive until they can photosynthesize...

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
well, the right answer for "chewing" one was that it increases area, makes soluble but doesnt lubricate, i checked the answer from Mary Jones :(. i got it wrong too

Don't know... It doesn't make much sense. When you think about it, if you try swallowing bread without chewing, it gets stuck in your throat and feels all dry. Plus, if you chew bread and spit it into saliva ( yeah ew...) or water, it doesn't dissolve.

I also found this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_a ... g_it_whole

Don't know how reliable it is.

Reaction score
that was their trap!! saliva lubricates the food :!!!! not chewing. i realised this later

Reaction score
Famous4it said:
izzahzainab said:

Don't know... It doesn't make much sense. When you think about it, if you try swallowing bread without chewing, it gets stuck in your throat and feels all dry. Plus, if you chew bread and spit it into saliva ( yeah ew...) or water, it doesn't dissolve.

I also found this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_a ... g_it_whole

Don't know how reliable it is.
I just hope this is right, as i chose all 3 !!

Reaction score
in dat seed thing i wrote
1. energy provides heat
2. mineral ions are released to soil with decomposition and they are useful for growth

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
No hw cn it dissolve???? :eek:

Reaction score
unfortunatediva said:
muzzamil said:
Ya just lyk i wrote abuv....plx tell abt wat u wrote for commercial use???

i wrote bout large potatoes n obtaining genetically identical potatoes with desirable quality in a shorter time n gaining more profit
i forgot to mention the word tuber :( how bout u ?
Well i wrote we will keep a funus ceel or spore in the culture medium,mentioned da requirements and usd it for formation of mycoprotein...!!!

Reaction score
FOR the commercial use:

take a valuable plant, do this procedure to it, produces multiples of the plant from one source (cheap costs) and more plants = more output of fruit/grain = more profit!

And guys, again, im 90% sure it wasnt heat. Heat is ALWAYS dissipated to the surroundings to keep a constant temprature.

Reaction score
I wrote that we could culture roses this way....more profit...faster reproduction....more plants